The Wood Beyond The World : Forum : How will the Wood grow?

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Generally I don't act on any reviews immediately, as I find that what I might agree or disagree with at first may not be the same after allowing it to sink in. When reviewing I usually read and then comment straight away, but depending on how much time I have (I can get carried away!), I read it through and make notes, and then read it again when I'm actually reviewing.

I agree that dedicated reviewing is most beneficial, as the reveiwer is offering opinions based on their previous knowledge of the writers work - its just finding the time. Even in this group of 10 people, I haven't gotten around to some people's work although I would also like to follow up on those I have reviewed.

I suppose its not really about getting around to everyone's work, but how to maintain a continous flow of reviews for everyone once you do.

Scribble

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I think I'm the Newbie here, and the least involved, so first let me apologize, but my schedule is hectic to say the least and I never know when I'll be able to sit for the time needed to read your works and give an honest and good review. But too that end, I'm trying to find the time.

As I said to a few of you, this kind of reviewing and interaction is what I was looking for when I joined the Cafe, but found only that I could not devote as much time to it as I would like.

I also cut and paste all reviews given to me into a word doc, then I review the review line by line with my work open and type notes to myself in the review doc. This allows me to go back and ponder on what each reviewer was getting at and allowing me time to reflect on a change, if I deemed one needed.

Thus far in this group, I have found valued assistance from most of you, and I must concur with what Nick has stated in one of his many posts above. I believe keeping the group small and allowing us to focus on others work in thier entirety where we can each gain and grow individualy and as a group over the entire scope of our works. So we should stick with the story from start to finish, if possible.

We each should also feature 1 or 2 selections of our pieces at a time that we would like the others to focus on, so I'm all in favor of the 2 post only stipulation. This keeps the site page clean and shows all the works of each of us that we deem the priority at this time.

Myself, I owe a few of you a read, and as I said, I'm commiting time to reading, taking a writing break for a few days.

Again, I apologize for my neglect in the group. Note: Camping agian the end of the week, just my family and my laptop in the wilderness for 4 days...No Internet. I love to write in the seclusion of the forest.... ::cool::

Well, now I'm just ramblin' so in closing, I thank you all helping me and I hope I can help each of you equally in the future.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Micheal,

Taking the time to pay the bill, interact with the family and other social engagements, or schooling, is well understood here. Don't rush it, comment, or review when you can. We will understand.

That or we will send you a load or yak dung for your flower beds.
Nick.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Not a problem. But as fate would have it, I am having a bit of a block on both my tales as of the past week, so in turn, I've been occuping my spare time as of late by reading. (Though I just got for Daddy's Day Dean Koontz's The Good Guy, so everyone just may have to wait. ::biggrin:: )

Would the yak dung help? ::confused:: My flower beds are atrocious ::cry::

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Hey guys,

Just a little note to let you know that I haven't been and won't be around for a while as we have our annual show at the moment. I thought I'd be able to pop in now again in the last week, but have been too tired. This week coming is the final week so hopefully I shall begin joining discussions again the week of the 9th.

I hope you are all well.

Scribble

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Quote:
Originally posted by Scribble
Hey guys,

Just a little note to let you know that I haven't been and won't be around for a while as we have our annual show at the moment. I thought I'd be able to pop in now again in the last week, but have been too tired. This week coming is the final week so hopefully I shall begin joining discussions again the week of the 9th.

I hope you are all well.

Scribble

Hope you and your group knock them dead. I don't think I am suppose to say break a leg to a dancer. lol. My daughter started dance when she was 2 1/2 and danced till almost 18 when while doing the splits she broke her pelvic growth plates. Ouch. By time she healed she missed the final yearly show and I did not get my graduation dance, which is a really big thing at this school, as a way to thank the fathers. Its usually the last number where the girls and fathers perform a number together. Ah well, there is alway the wedding dance some day, or the dance on my grave one. lol.

Nick.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

In order to keep the ''Featured" section fresh, and rotate things without losing track of who's been featured, I thought I'd try a new approach:
When something new gets posted, by whomever, I'll feature it for a few days, until there's something else new. When I remove a piece of writing from the featured slot, I'll put its author in "Featured Writer."
I'm hoping this will give new pieces more attention, and give the most active members the benefit of their labors. It'll also keep me from wondering if I've featured somebody lately or not.
If you've never been featured, either yourself or your writing, and you want to be, let me know, and I'll put you up there in a few days.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Just a bump.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I do so like bumping with Ms Leah.   ; )

Nick.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

What'd they put in your eggnog, Nick?

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Bumping the thread again, for the newest members.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Just a bump.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Bumping again, as we have a new member.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

bumping

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

bumping

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Another bump

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Oh, oh, the bumping has started! By the way, ain't it a little too early for eggnog?

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Originally posted by Loekie

Oh, oh, the bumping has started! By the way, ain't it a little too early for eggnog?

It wasn't when Nick and I had that little exchange.

Isn't it fun to look back over the last year and a half or so?

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

a modest bump

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

Moving the thread up, for new members.

next Next Page
last Last Page