The Wood Beyond The World : Forum : Novel Guild

Novel Guild

15 Years Ago

I'm not very active here, but I thought I would post this anyways.

I know Writerscafe is a great place to post chapters, but it takes forever to get a whole novel up. So I thought I would post my idea here. If this isn't the right place to do so, please ignore me.

I'm thinking of setting up a (password protected) forum where a group 5 to 10 people can crit full finished novels. (No short stories, no flash, no half finished novels etc.) There are 3 people interested right now.

This way one novel will have at least 5 to 10 crits. Plus the reader will be able to see the novel in it's whole, rather then a few chapters at a time. The idea will to have each novel be read and critted in a 3 months time frame (more if the novel is longer).

Genre wise, I want to say open for everything. The group will need to be for anyone 18 and over.

Novel's would not be posted on the forum, rather emailed to those that wish to read them. The crits would be posted on the forum so others will be able to talk about each crit as it comes up.

Email me at
[email protected] with Novel Guild in the subject if you're interested or have any questions!

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
G

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

That sounds like a good idea. I won't join, however, cause I'm lousy at critquing and next year I'm not going to have the time for my own writing, let alone reading anyone's else.

I'm always worried about posting the whole novel here. I don't want to pick up a novel one day and discover it's mine under someone else's name. If I only post a few chapters they have to come up with the rest of the story.

Call me paranoid but stranger things have happened.

Gayna

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

I agree, it's a good idea. I hope you get enough members to really make it fly.

I've got two email readers right now, but they're just going chapter by chapter, which works for me.  I'm not really doing any critiquing at present myself, due to time contstraints, though I hope to have some time for Wood members in the future.

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

So far, not much luck on finding anyone to join. I belong to a group like the one I want to make, and it's working out really well, but I hate to flood it with all the novels I've been working on.

So, here's hoping I find a few people! (everyone that i talk to seems to not have any finished novels)

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

i offer my work via email here, or on myspace

i find your idea interesting, since i need something to read, but im not a very good reviewer and my novel isnt complete. the story just about is though.

good luck with your site