The World of Faete : Forum : Awakening

[reply] [quote]

Awakening

7 Years Ago

Renn:
"...enn wa..up.  Wake up!"  I bolt upright and knock my head against the woman looking over me.
"Jeezus... Be careful will you?" The woman said clutching her forehead.
"Who are you?" I ask, rubbing my own.
"What? You really can't tell?" She says. "It's me Ariea."
"What are you talking about? Ariea is a little fairy." I say.
"Right, right, you only remember my avatar." The woman says, more to herself than to me.
"That's right, I'm your sleep fairy Ariea Angelfeather. And let me tell you, you have been sleeping for a long time. Welcome to the waking world."
I look around and find myself in a small room full of capsules like the one I find myself on. I am dressed in a white nightgown, though it feels tight; like it was made for a child.
"Where am I?" I ask the woman.
"You are currently underground in our research facility." She says, "We have been watching over several of you since the blank hit 7 years ago. Since then you have been living in a virtual space necessary to experience life and give you a sense of self; as all memories before the blank had been wiped."
"So my home is just your 'virtual' plaything?"
"Well no, the space you occupied until now is not your home. It was a temporary necessity to recover you from the blank enough to function properly." She replies quite seriously.
"Function properly? And what is this blank you keep talking about?" I ask.
"As all your memories before the point in time we refer to as blank were erased, you had to relearn many motor skills and social interactions. Not to mention survival skills. The world above is not a friendly place. As for blank, it is the moment in time where all memories of the world above were erased. We don't know anything about the world above, and only recall our duties to help you thanks to a few remaining scraps of paper left behind after the blank."
"Right... well what now?" I ask.
"Now we wake the others." She replies.
[reply] [quote]

Re: Awakening

7 Years Ago

Desiree: I can hear people talking that aren't in this club with me, and I feel a jolt. Slowly, I open my eyes slowly, trying to adjust to the light. "What the hell?" I exclaim, sitting bolt upright on this weird capsule thing. I wondered what happened to the club I had just been in, the drink I'd been having. I can feel my power swirling beneath my skin, thankful to feel and see something I recognize in this place. I blink a few times and swing my legs over the side of the whateveritwas and carefully walk up to the two women currently talking near me. Before she can say anything, I carefully wrap my arm around the standing woman's neck and lock her in a chokehold. "WHERE AM I?" 

(PS- I wont be back on till tomorrow so don't get too far ahead lol)
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Red
[reply] [quote]

7 Years Ago

Rainer:
"F**k...how much did I drink last night? Hey guys, I had the weirdest dream: it involved a gorilla, a pillowcase, and seven tires" I said, rubbing my temples and trying to relieve a hell of a headache. 

"Guys? You there? Where the hell di...the f**k?" I opened my eyes to see my reflection. Only, it didn't look like me. The image that stared back at me was someone significantly older than the seventeen year old face I remembered. My features were sharper, my hair longer, and I even had a not too insubstantial beard. I had only one reaction to this revelation.

"Damn, I look good" I said, running my hand through my hair and inspecting myself. Course, thats when I noticed the commotion outside. Figuring I should get the hell out of the pod sooner rather than later, I began pushing on the pod's lid, which gave way after several tries. Tumbling out onto the floor in a heap, I noticed I wasn't wearing the clothes I remembered I'd had, instead a white hospital gown covered my body; hell, I didn't have any of my equipment! I noticed too that I was in some sort of room filled with pods and was filled with the soft hum of machinery and electronics (along with the argument and commotion provided by the three people nearby, who I noticed were all women and one had another in a chokehold). 

Ok, my name is Rainer Everett. I'm from the city of Edgecliff on New Terra. My last memory is taking a ship to...to where? The hell did I end up going?! I squashed down my growing panic at the gap in my memories and forced my attention towards the present; the whole memory issue would have to wait. First things first, find my s**t. Pushing myself up, I made my way over to the little shitstorm that was the only other conscious occupants in the room. None of them noticed me approach given the fact they were all absorbed in trying to rectify what looked like one hell of a situation. 

"Uh, ladies? Yeah, hi. Two questions: do any of you know where we are and wheres my stuff?" I figured the saying 'Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned' applied in this case, as both the woman in a chokehold and a woman providing said chokehold glared at me (at least the third one only looked at me with slight confusion and possibly irritation. One for three wasn't bad, right?). 
[reply] [quote]

7 Years Ago

Desiree: with my arm around the woman's neck, I slowly turn my head and notice the man standing behind us. My eyes narrow, assessing this new individual. "Who are you? Are you ONE OF THEM?" I ask, gesturing to the woman I currently held in my grasp by pulling back on her neck. "I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHERE I AM." 
[reply] [quote]

7 Years Ago

Renn: I reach around the woman and grab her thumb joint between my two fingers and press gently. I watch the woman loosen her grip and recoil as what must be shooting pain goes through her arm. Quickly I get between the two and shove the woman back over one of the pods.
"Maybe listening would be better than threatening." I say. "From what I've heard we are in some kind of rehab facility."
"Whoa, I said I had a lot to drink, but not that much." the man who had just awoken jokes. I shoot him a look.
"Now if you'll not attack my friend I'm sure we can continue." I direct this at the woman who had by now recovered.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Red
[reply] [quote]

7 Years Ago

Rainer 
I'll admit, I had to agree with the only level-headed person in this entire mess. Sure, I still had most of my memories intact (except for, you know, the god-knows how long blank spot between drinking on the ship to waking up here) and I was honestly much more concerned about my stuff at this point, but figuring out just where the hell I was was pretty high on my list of 's**t I need to know'.
"So, two things. Who are you three because I still don't know your names. Two, if this is some kind of rehab facility, was it really all that necessary to lock us in giant pods with huge chunks of our memories gone? Cause I'd really like to know how long I've been locked up in that thing. Judging from how much older I look compared to when I last remember, its had to have been a few years, yeah? I'm sure these ladies would like to know what the hells going on, especially her" I said, pointing to the girl cradling her hand

(I know this is probably dead but its worth a shot :P)