The Writers' Coffeehouse : Forum : Just a struggling writer: Seek..

Just a struggling writer: Seeking Advice, Getting STUCK with my stories

5 Years Ago

Hi everyone, I'm super new to WritersCafe.org and this is a group I quickly saw that looked appealing, so here I go. I'm totally overwhelmed with my writing at the moment. Just a few days ago I was sipping nice iced coffee outside, sitting in my garden, and writing a scene for a new story I began this summer. But then when the next day comes, I get stuck and frustrated. I don't know anymore what my story is about, I don't think its good enough, and like my problem before with another story, I begin it and then by the 20th page I'm stuck.

I'm reading some really, really amazing books that help with character development. I recommend these books to all you writers out there! There are 3 of them, but I'm sure you can find all of them by typing in The Negative Trait Thesaurus: A Writer's Guide to Character Flaws by Angela Ackerman  It's totally worth some of your cash.

So, what I want to ask is: Any struggling writers out there!?? What advice should we give each other? How do you overcome writers block? How do you finish the thing when you have these bad days?

My goal this summer is to actually finish a story (it doesn't have to be a polished finished, but I want to write a story from start to finish). It's so easy to start, yet so hard to finish. Thanks for your time folks.