Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Those That Should Be Published : Forum : Entry By New Members

Entry By New Members

16 Years Ago

I just had a request to join. I told the person asking that they needed to have their short stories reviewed by the group and then we vote.

Is this the way you want to do it? Or, do you want me to decide on my own? Or, do you want a complete vote where everyone of us says yes.

Remember this group is only for the highly skilled and people who are willing to have their work judged down to the nub. That would include content, punctuation, and structure. This would be work they are ready to send off to a publisher.

Or, encouragement and information for work they haven't submitted to the Cafe as each of us finds out how to publish.

So, how do you want to do this further member thing?

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I think at least 2 or 3 people in the group should have reviewed their work and thought it merited what the ideals of the group are.

xxoxx

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I have seen where almost all of the people in the this group either have a serial of stories or book written. I think that should be a requirement. If someone says they have written a book or book in progress but it isn't published. I also think we should believe their profiles. Nobodies going to die if they are lying.

I agree with Erotic G. that we should have 3 or 4 people review requesters stories. I would prefer that someone on the Forum recommends someone and then we review their stories. The message should read like "Jerry M. should be a member" and then 3 to 4 currents members read at least 5 of his stories. I could then email him to see if he has a book.

How is that with everybody?

We could feature someone for 2 - 3 weeks and really critique the work they have submitted. I'm going up the list (except for my own work), first one, first serve, fashion.

This is your group so please send me comments.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

That's definitely a great idea, having a sort of counsel check out some pieces for prospective members. I hadn't thought of that.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I agree with the Goddess and Sunny. It sounds like a great way to decide whether or not someone should be a member. And I also like the featuring idea. ::smile::