Twilight's Disciples : Forum : The Meaning Of Life

The Meaning Of Life

14 Years Ago

Well, how about sharing your thoughts regarding what life really means? Is it just about your own family and friends, or do you take a wider view? Does your career mean more to you, than anything else in life, perhaps? What do you like or dislike about modern life? Feel free to share your opinions, fellow Group members!

Julian

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

Hello,

As my own point of view, life is simply not something some should be thinking of, because to me it's somethig which remains unexistent. Life is merely the state of dying, since our early days, we're only dying. That, which people calls living, is to me dying. However that doesn't mean I don't appreciate the state of dying. I found the meaning of dying through consciousness and unconsciousness. The reality by which I struggle everyday to understand and the unreality which I write in every poem, every story, is what keeps me going. Also I found relief by helping those who I love, those who ask for my help, those who deserve help. But I'm against communitary work, because not everyone deserves help.

My meaning to die for, is simple,
I die trying to fix the everbroken window which we call society.

Hochachtungsvol,
Demeter Suhcej

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

Thanks for your insight, fellow Group member! Indeed, I suppose that we should regard society in that way. But, what do the rest of you think? Over to you!

Julian

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

The meaning of life is one often touhed on by many differnt relgions and beliefs but one where the question never seems to be well understood.

You say what is the meaning of life, but saying that are you realy sure of what you are asking. Are you sakign of the specific meaning to one person of the meaning of life in a whole... and even then the question is some what confusing.

It starts with having to define life, while you may think of it was eaasy defination of something that is living but how can we make a clear definiton of what life means when life it selfvaries so much from person to person.

Life is just a constant, a physical existance on a planet be it even real or not. Considering the many possiblitys of us simply living a computer generated world much like thie sims in a sims game. The meaning of life by that gathering is surely to follow the orders pressed into the machine, and we ourselfs could be machines of a greater creator. If the existance of god is indeed one of truth then we are meely working hands in a greater plan and will simply exist to follow his wims and wishes. Free will you argue disuauds us from such a belief but a god that knwos all must be then able to kno exactly where our next moves lie, and be able to overall fortell when his plan will be complete and we will have done his work. The meaning of life again.. is not via the words of it what we are even meant to do in our life but simply what life means.

Therefore by definition life means: - Being in a state of existance, or existance and primarly living and that alone is the meaning of life

The question is never worded in a way that is answered.. the answer to the question often presented in that form is simple.. but the answer you are shearching for can not be such found until to late and we are dead and have completed our mission therfore the meaning of our existance is simply to exist until it is clear to us

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

The meaning of life is one who has the capacity to be dead but is not. Doesn't exactly fit into the touchy-feely kind of answer this question prompts, I know, but I don't hold sway with that nonsense. There is the meaning of life and the meaning (direction, inspiration, beauty, cruelty, etc.) that you find in your life. Very different.

People need to find a direction in their lives. I truly believe that. But I look at a fly, banging against the wall, and I think: That is alive only because it CAN be. It made no decision.

It survives because it can. Jungle plants choke each other to death because the one who kills the competition lives. There is no deep, symbolic meaning. There is live and dead.

Probably not what you were looking for, but hey.

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

Life has no meaning. No one is born with perpose or a reason to live. Im not being all morbid though just because life doesn't have a meaning doesn't mean we can't create on for ourselves. For 19 years my life had no meaning or perpose but I wasn't sad about it because I know that one day it would. And now I know that the meaning of my life is to be a good parents to my little girl, to love and be loved by my boyfriend and to share my writing with other who love to read. I hope to publish my book. 10 years in the making!!! and finally finished.

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

The meaning of life is that you are the one who has to live it, not the people who try to run it.