Twilight's Disciples : Forum : "True Creativity Lies In ..

"True Creativity Lies In Original Thought"

14 Years Ago

What do I mean by this statement? Also, do you agree with it, perhaps?

Julian

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

I would rather explain it as: True Creativity Lies Within the Memories of Unconscious Thoughts

Only through unconsciousness (as I think) is when someone expresses and feels what he/she really thinks.

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

I think it means that if it's the person's own original thoughts, then it's more creative than if someone had gone off another persons idea.

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

Exactly what you've said. Example: take two kids, each told to draw a picture and make up a story about it. Kid 1 draws a castle and a girl and tells a story of the beautiful princess that was rescued by the handsome prince. It has new "message," character traits, details, etc...but it is still a "prince saves princess" fairytale."

Kid 2, however, is still scribbling when you get to them. Seemingly random lines and multicolored blobs decorate the page. As they continue to draw they tell you about Zorganbloff, the place where Ulopus live and they don't eat but they absorb little Gnips from their feet and then they go around smerplorping to each other. They all yarzaboot a lot when they klerdle.

Maybe each term is explained, maybe it is not. But, lack of direction aside, Kid 2 is more creative.

Rewind to direction. Now, creativity is great, wonderful, beautiful, glorious, wildly important, neccessary, and all that jazz. But direction is key. Something has to happen in the story, not just Ulopus smerplorping around in their little lives. If these kids had been grown ups, Kid 1 is much, much more likely to be published than Kid 2 ever would be with a story like that. Take Kid 2's thought and add a real plot and you have...

...the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.