Underground Writers Network : Forum : Two ideas to vote about

Two ideas to vote about

17 Years Ago

Post or pieces or automatic posting?

I'd like to know if you would prefer to post the pieces you think need attention, or you would prefer the system to automatically post your newest works.

Please let me know so that we can set it up.

About the Featured Writer

Lately, I have just been selecting the names in the order they appear on my list, but it seems a little random. I certainly think everyone deserves to be featured, because all of you are so talented. But perhaps we could vote every week to feature a writer instead of just randomly choosing through the list.
I'd love to know your thoughts.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I'd like to be able to post specific works rather than just the newest works, personally. That way, anything we talk about with other group members, or anything that we think needs special attention can be added. It also allows for less items put up, which had postives and negatives. Too many can cause you to overlook good ones, and the users could put either their favorites, or their readers favorites up for others. I know if there are 30 new items in a day, i'll probably only read 3 or 4 of them, but if the users get to pick their own, there might only be 8 or 10, and i would be more inclined to read most.
But thats just my opinion.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Yeah, I agree. I would prefer to select rather than have them all posted everytime esomeone writes a new one.

As far as the Featured Writer, voting would be fine. I'm for it.

Delvin

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I'd also like to be able to post specific stuff

as far as featured writer goes, is there a way to have the group code just go through the list one at a time and feature someone new each day? That way we all get featured fairly often.

Voting's ok I guess but that leaves it open to only the few that are popular even getting voted on, and only those that are really active in the group doing the voting.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

nah, voting is a popularity contest, and some of us are pretty anti-social ::tongue::

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I say we just go in order of the list for featured writer.

But as far as work posting, I say any new works should be posted first and foremost

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I don't want this thread to get buried before a few more people get their chance to vote... so this should put it back on the top ;)

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I think that any "featured" author should have at least a couple of descent pieces to read. I, for one, would be mildly put out if I checked out a featured writer, and found it to be some one with two loosly composed poems. I think that voting can become a popularity contest that overlooks solid writing. I would suggest a small board of reviewers to read through the works of the members.. then that group can exchange thoughts to determine a worthy Feature. This would also help in not slighting the honor of being featured by making it a "wait your turn and you'll get it" sort of award. I, personally think that featuring less popular, yet well endowed (teehee) writers, would help them increase exposure emensely. If, however, every time I click on a featured writer it turns into a 6th grade english comp. review, I am less likely to ever click on a deserving writer when it's their turn. Just some thoughts. Five judges could easily divide the members into equal groups, and over the course of a month come up with a solid list of featured writers to use for the next several months. While in a perfect world everyone should feel special, the truth comes down to talent, and that is something that everyone has.. not always as a writer. Rewarding someone for lackluster work is like telling a flatfooted, cross eyed, overweight, red and white bullseye painted crackhead that he's a great soldier.. you're not doing them any favors.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I agree with Laslo on the featured writer part, but as for the lit. I believe that we should post the storie we as the writer want extra attention on.