Underground Writers Network : Forum : Give Me Some Answers :)

Give Me Some Answers :)

8 Years Ago

Hello everyone! I was just recently added to this group and I am really thankful to be a part of a community that is so creative. I just want to know what you guys are all about so I'll  just ask a few questions and feel free to answer :)

1. Where do you find your inspiration for writing a piece?

2. Is there a certain time of the day you like to right or a certain place?

3. What do you prefer to write about?

4. What are your intentions with your writing?

5. Current book you are possibly reading?

Thank you and happy FriYAY!!

Re: Give Me Some Answers :)

8 Years Ago

1. Sometimes I get it from various ideas i get while reading/watching a movie/listening to music, most of the time it starts with a dream that I find interesting or can't shake

2. Personally i like to write at night when everything is sort of wound down, and maybe i can have a glass of wine. ;)

3. I love to write anything fantasy, I love loosing myself in a world or story that's detached from reality

4. my intention is usually to have something to distract myself, that at least entertains myself, or something that conveys some stem of my emotion that is too difficult to write about otherwise

How about you? Would love to see what your answers would be. :)

8 Years Ago

Maybe I'm not the best person to give writing advice, but I am always happy to share what I enjoy and my process.

I usually write whenever I'm alone, evenings are always best, but if I'm up early I really enjoy writings in the mornings.  

Mostly I get inspiration from my life, what I'm feeling in the moment or sometimes it might be from a face in the crowd.  Generally my best ideas and lines come when I'm driving alone (with no way to save them).

I write mainly longer story poems, I love a good rhyming poem with a good message and interesting story.  Mostly when I sit down to write I have no idea whats going to come out and that's how I like it.  We can clean it up later.

When I write my goal is to get an emotional response from my readers.  I want them to think about my writing after they read it.  If they do that, then I'm happy.

If you haven't yet, I would recommend reading 'Night Woods' by Charles Frazier.  One of the best books I've read in years.

Enjoy, can't wait to read more of your work.

8 Years Ago

1. Where do you find your inspiration for writing a piece?
Ans: usually from everyday experiences like interacting with people

2. Is there a certain time of the day you like to right or a certain place?
Ans: no fixed time of day and yes i think the place and ambience is vital, my writing is good in places with a familiar surrounding and i usually need white noise

3. What do you prefer to write about?
Ans: people and why we behave the way we do

4. What are your intentions with your writing?
Ans: mostly just to create something relevant and reflective of daily life today!

5. Current book you are possibly reading?
Ans: The sound and the fury by William Faulkner