Union Of The Unique : Forum : what are you reading?

what are you reading?

17 Years Ago

i've been bouncing between "the beat book" writings from the beat generation" edited by anne waldman, "complete poems " by ernest hemingway, and "betting on the muse" by charles bukowski. i recently finished the novel "attention. deficit. disorder. " by brad listi. i highly reccomend it. so whats everyone else reading

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Wasn't it Dennis Hopper who once said, "There ain't nothin' in books, man"?

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Right now I'm reading "Woman Hollering Creek" by Sandra Cisneros for my Mex-Am lit class. For fun, I just bought a collection of Emily Dickinson's poems (my favorite ones are the ones about death and eternity) and am browsing through the University of Texas Arlington Creative Writing Journal.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

For school, I'm reading Frankenstein, and for my own enjoyment, I'm about to crack out Paradise Lost, for the Easter holiday and all.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I'm finishing up Mailer's 'The Prisoner of Sex' which is unbelievably good. It's a masterpiece. I'm also chugging my way through Henry Miller's 'The Air-Conditioned Nightmare.'

Next on the list? Safran Foer's 'Everything is Illuminated', of which I've snuck a peek at the first few pages and it seems a little silly. I've been told it's really profound, we'll see.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

"Junky" By: William S. Burrough
it's pretty good so far.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I'm reading, The complete works of D.H. Lawrence and A treasury of American Folklore edited by B.A. Botkin. Hope everyones having fun.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

lets see i have been reading the complete works of Edgar Allen Poe, Sophies world.. i usaly talkes me a long time to finish a book b/c i bounce around so much..

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Curious George ::biggrin::

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

forced entries -- jim carroll
new poems -- bukowski
factotum -- bukowski
dark tower 5 -- stephen king
my capricorn friend -- henry miller

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

i am such a bukowski nut. i've been reading betting on the muse

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I just finished reading Impulse by Ellen Hopkins. I FRIGGIN LOVE THAT BOOK! it's basically a book made up of poetry, about 3 people who try to commit suicide. The ending is really sad... ::cry::

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I'm reading "Brave New World" by: Aldous Huxley.

Very good.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I've been indulging in Vampire lore again.
Bite me if you can
Laurel K hamilton's Vampire hunter series
Anne Rice (for the third time)

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Winesburg, Ohio for the first time in some twenty years. I'm not sure if it has not aged well or if I haven't.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

i am now reading dr sax by keruoac and sptuiginarian stew by bukowski