Unnoticed : Forum : Impact

[reply] [quote]

Impact

13 Years Ago

How many times have you seen some sort of book published and it impacts your life or someone elses? Post the story here if you feel like sharing.
[reply] [quote]

Re: Impact

13 Years Ago

just one... well four if TV shows and movies were included... the book, actually it's a graphic novel, entitled Blankets by Craig Thompson...
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

Originally posted by Septennial
just one... well four if TV shows and movies were included... the book, actually it's a graphic novel, entitled Blankets by Craig Thompson...

Anything works, just anything that inspired you. That's the stuff we want to hear about.
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

Go Ask Alice by Anonymous
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

The one that comes to mind is a graphic novel as well. It's called His or Her Circumstances. A character in the book seemed to be my doppleganger in a sense he was exactly like me and was going through the exact same problems.
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

Originally posted by Jersey
Originally posted by Septennial

Anything works, just anything that inspired you. That's the stuff we want to hear about.

There was this japanese tv series i've watched years back entitled "Proposal Daisakusen". It was about a man who was given a second chance by travelling back in time to win the girl he loves. The story got to me because the guy was somehow similar to myself when i was young... oh, how i regretted the day i didn't tell her... :( A movie entitled "[500] Days of Summer". I think many people can relate to that movie, how a guy often see only the good side of a relation but fail to see how it is already declining. Well... those were two of the four... I couldn't remember the other one... haha...
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

The Sandman graphic novel series by Neil Gaiman. Not only because it was eloquently written and the mythology it contained was well informed and thresded together beautifully within this fictional world. Though the main reason I love this series is becasue its about seven siblings, that although they are the Endless and they were around before the world spun correctly, they have family issuse and often dabble in each others' affairs. There is not happy endings and it plays out like real life their powers and legacies mean nothing because they act just like the humans that fall victim to them.

And I love that. That ther is no hero and you learn to love the sibling because of their faults and because they're very easy to relate to.