Vagabond Writers Society : Forum : Welcome and what it is about

Welcome and what it is about

16 Years Ago

Welcome Vagabond Writers.

Reading and Revising is an important part of writing, but so too is honing your eye to the world around and opening your mind to other people's perspectives. Writers Cafe has lots of groups dealing with reviews, but I have found few devoted to sharpening the writers eye and expanding their minds from perspectives from around the globe. The Internet allows us to connect to people from around the world with different backgrounds and views - the Writers Cafe is a perfect place to bring them together. Thus this group was born.

The main focus of the group is to explore and discuss the world around us as well as ideas both great and small. It is not an opinion group nor a group to flame others - flames and attacks on others will not be tolerated. This is about exploring and sharing - especially our different views and perspective - is something writers should celebrate and embrace. That is what this group is here to do.

Of course, stories and poems and exploratory babbling is welcome for posting and review. We will even do some contests to write stories on topics we have explored - that too is a fair extension of the discussions - the fruit of our labors if you will.

anyone is free to post a topic, but lets keep it intellectual. For example, topics of sexuality are fine, but I don't want to get into a discussion of human anatomy. Another example - religion - I am okay discussing religion and how we view it, but I don't want to see flame wars over which religion is better or which religion is out of touch with reality.

anyway, lets have some fun and explore some ideas together - I call it vagabond writing.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Hey :) THanks for telling me about the group :)
I am going to post a reply in the other forum topic, her world, but i want to think my thoughts through carefully.. lol ::tongue::

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I look forward to your reply....its an interesting concept isn't it? A fun way to explore stereotypical gender roles, sexism, etc, etc. I can see some really good laughs coming out of it as well as maybe a few hard truths....should be fun and enlightening.