Vamplit Writers : Forum : Publishing

[reply] [quote]

Publishing

14 Years Ago

What is it about the figure of the vampire in popular culture that makes it such a cult icon?  We love vampires and don’t seem to be able to get enough.  Each incarnation of the vampire brings something original, from pre christian god to sex symbol of the new millenium. Each genre the vampire infects, from romance to horror and teenage TV, has been enhanced and rejuvenated. In cinematic terms, the vampire has gone from Hammer monster to teen idol and still more vampires spill into our world from the dark edges of our imagination.
Primarily, I hope this site, read in conjunction with the vampire novel, informs, but, for writers, I hope you will find that, by deconstructing the vampire, you can write something fresh and new, using a character who never ages and I believe will never die.

Contact us at vamplitpublishing.ning.com, vamplit.com or leave a comment here. We are looking for talented writers to contribute to this site with the view to publishing their work in the future.  Vamplit Publishing is now looking for new authors.  If you have a horror, vampire, Gothic or fantasy novel use the send us a query letter.  This should contain you name, your age, the title and a very brief outline of you novel.

Before contacting us make sure you read our submission guidelines as you will find them helpful.

[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

You invited me to join this group, but I am a dark poet, not a novelist. Most of my work is purely psychopathic and not really vampire oriented. I would like to be involved in publishing with a good company. I have enough material for a book, but I don't seem to fit your criteria.