Want Some Reviews? : Forum : VIEW BUT NOT REVIEW

VIEW BUT NOT REVIEW

7 Years Ago

Okay, I've been a member on here for a couple of months now. I've posted up a number of poems, and reviewed a number of them too.

But my latest effort, which is REALLY short, has had 10 views, without one comment, review or by your leave.

Are people just rude on here or is my work that bad or boring?

Or do people stick to their own circle and ignore everyone else out of it?

So far, I'm not all that impressed with this Site, because not many bother to read anything, let alone comment on it. 

We're all here to support each other's work aren't we?

If I sound peeved, well I am quite simply put. How hard is it?

With a few exceptions who've been encouraging on here, I say this Site is made up of mainly very rude, lazy people.

Sorry if I have offended anyone.

Re: VIEW BUT NOT REVIEW

7 Years Ago

Yeah, I'd like reviews, but get none!

I remember I reviewed someone's work and they called it a "useless review"

I read your stuff. I reviewed your stuff. And I get that! Feel lucky I read anything at all! I hoped that I'd get a review in exchange, but no.

I have 4 or 5 read requests and I ignore them now, because:

1) The useless review stuff mentioned above

And 

2) What am I getting out of it? No-one (not even the people who I review) gives me a review! So why should I bother?

Maybe if you give me a few reviews, maybe I might read your stuff.

7 Years Ago

That could work lol! I've just found this Site to be severely lacking in any vestige of "community". I have one poem on here that's had 68 views, and only one review. Another with 50+views and two reviews.

I think it's sad that one has to post on a forum and actually ASK for reviews/comments.

Whoever manages the admin of this Site should be ashamed, although I did read somewhere that there really isn't any discernible Admin on here. 

So, whaddya know? We have joined the first Poets of Anarchy site lol! The Site where only the lucky get many reviews or comments, or even ratings.

It's disheartening really.

7 Years Ago

Yeah, I put loads of effort into writing my stories, and for what?

A few views with no reviews?

Though you did review a couple of my writings!

7 Years Ago

I don't know if you take requests, but could you read this and review it? You're the only person who's reviewed my work!

7 Years Ago

Let me tell you, I've been here for 2 years and I find the same thing. There are many poems of mine that don't have a single review. People stick to their circles. But there's a few ways to get around this. 

Here's my main suggestions:
1. Make a username and picture that look professional. Don't name yourself after your name in a video game, or something that sounds cool. Use your real name, a pen name, or something original. An example of a good name is Bear , Velvet, or Anahat . Not something you'd see in an online video game, like SinisterPotatoe. And make sure that your username fits with a picture, if it's Bear , a picture of a bear. If it's your name or a pen name, a picture of you. If something else, at least a picture that would fit with site that specializes in people sharing literature.
2. Review peoples work, and try to add them as a friend. Then, when you make a poem, send them a "read request" if you click on your work you should be able to send any or all of your friends a request.
3. ALWAYS slap a picture onto your poem. Before you add a poem or story to writers cafe, find an internet picture that you think fits your work, and grabs attention.
4. Always change the format of your work so it's easy to read and looks good. Also, try to add pictures there too.

I don't or didn't do all of these things, but they will help you get reviews if you do them.
Also, friend me and I'll give them a look if you press the "read request" button next to your work.

7 Years Ago

I've joined a group about reviewing, submitted a few of my works, but I still have no reviews! I also accepted several friend requests, reviewed their work a couple of times, no reviews! The only two reviews I have are from the OP, and that's only because I posted here saying how I have no reviews! Do I really have to post in a forum and actually ask for reviews? That's not how it's supposed to work!
[send message][befriend] Subscribe

7 Years Ago

well guys i have sugestion . maybe you can  start give rewievs to each other. you dont need any group for this.

7 Years Ago

I've given reviews to other people. It doesn't make any difference!

7 Years Ago

Not even my most shortest piece of writing get any reviews! And I've posted it in a review group too!