Want Some Reviews? : Forum : Need reviews on YA post-apoc/d..

Need reviews on YA post-apoc/dystopian/sci fi

6 Years Ago

Hello everyone! I'm a new writer and I'd LOVE to get some input on the first chapter of my YA MS (it's 80k words completed but undergoing a rewrite).

I've put the first chapter in my profile. If you wouldn't mind reviewing more after reading that, send me a message and we'll go from there.

Thank you so much!

Here's the "blurb":

May is an eighteen-year-old with scoliosis in a post-apocalyptic world where technology is illegal, seasons no longer exist, and lower class people are oppressed by a genetically engineered and physically superior upper class in the Kingdom of Asmara. The lower class are used for brutal labor camps in the city, but May believes her family is safe from harm in their rural farming community on the other side of the mountain. Until the upper class soldiers come at night and her family is taken. As the only one small enough to fit in drainage pipes, she hides–and is left behind. Raphael, an enigmatic upper class leader of a rebel house, needs May’s help: she’s the only person able to navigate the underground drainage pipes linking the city with the three rebel houses run by upper class. Trained and eager, she becomes a critical player in the efforts to initiate the overthrow that will release the camps. Joel, a weapons engineer at one of the rebel houses, uncovers secrets about the upper class, and about Raphael, that leads May to the Wastelands–where she learns the truth that will change everything. The world is not as it seems. She has to figure out how she’s going to save the enslaved lower class people of Asmara–and her family–when her trust is shattered and her entire reality has changed.