We Are Going Somewhere : Forum : TO ALL MEMBERS: WRITING IS WA..

[reply] [quote]

TO ALL MEMBERS: WRITING IS WANTED

9 Years Ago

Send in some of your books and 5 will be chosen to be displayed for about 2 weeks. ..;-)
[reply] [quote]

Re: TO ALL MEMBERS: WRITING IS WANTED

9 Years Ago

BEATING FIGHTS By; Emily Cannon
Walking home in the pouring rain sucks on Drowsy Lane. Just thinking 'Silver you're fine' at the same time is just stupid and unreal. How is this fine? How is at 2;30 in the morning after being beaten at the side of the crib fine? How is your boyfriend who you thought loved you but really hates you and just used you fine? Nothing is fine and thinking is just worse. Luke is going to be so upset that this happened again even though I promised him it would stop.
My personality has changed since being with Ben and even my old friends are avoiding me cause their scared. How does that work? And in the dark cold rainy weather turning onto my home street, Crusty Ave, makes me feel even better. (Insert sarcastic thoughts.)
Finally though home. I can crawl into bed and dream this pain away. I unlock the door and walk into Luke standing in the hallway of the door pacing. He seems mad and upset. I'm screwed.
“And why are you home at 3 in the morning little sister?” Luke said as I tried to sneak around him.
“I was at Ben's... Must of fallen asleep sorry.” I said head down gripping my stomach. He stopped me though.
“What were you two doing?” He asked. He probably knew I was passed out on the side of the road after Ben had beaten me half to death.
“He was beating me at Black Ops. So much fun.” I said smiling rushing past him. He stopped me again.
“Really? Cause' I thought the game Beat on Silver would of made sense for Ben.” He said grabbing my shirt showing the bruises all down my stomach. I pulled away and ran upstairs locking the door.
“Silver.. I'm sorry, it's just I want you to know I'm here wanting to help.” He said head pressed again the door.
“You wouldn't be able to fight him off. He's way to strong.” I said leaning my head pressed against the door.
“Silver I'm 3 years older then him. He doesn't scare me.” He said running his back down the wall to the floor.
“I know but... I can't let you get hurt. Look I have school in the morning so I'm going to sleep. Night.” I said crawling into bed shutting off my light.
I thought to myself that I was protecting him by facing this head on... Even though it ends up with a bunch of scars but I'm protecting him. He's my only person to protect. I literally have no one.
Even though I'm the most successful kid in the school with the lightest blond hair, deeps blue eyes and great fashion sense I'm still scared. On my tight toned body I hide all these bruises of my scared side hoping someone won't see them. I'm honestly average but people think I'm rich cause' of my sense of style but this app, Wish, helps a lot because it's cheap and affordable.
Well sleep for me would be good night about now. Oh sleep, how I adore thy.
It usually isn't a big deal getting dress in the morning but when you wake up late and didn't do laundry you're kind of rushing. I was throwing stuff around like a discounted clothing store trying to find the right top and legging. Running back and forth to the washroom seeing if it would work. Finally I found the outfit. A bright pink shirt with the slogan the says “Fighter” which is filled with irony and cute holiday styled legging with a cute pair of black boots.
I got down stairs to see Luke passed out on the couch with a controller to his X-Box in his hand. It was good to see that he wasn't drinking at all. And after last night it was lucky.
I was walking down the street music in my ears listening to happy music when I saw Ben across the street. I started walking faster hoping he wouldn't see me but it was too late. He saw me and ran across the street.
“Hey Babe! How are you!?” He said grabbing my waste and pretending to care. I pulled away and kept walking.
“What's wrong?” He asked trying to hold my hand. I pulled away and looked at him with fear in my eye's.
“You.” I said trying to stand up for myself. Ben grabbed me by the next and told me to never say he was the problem. I said I agreed with him and he let me go.
I got to class hiding the marks on my next with my binder. I sat down at my regular seat with one of my class friends sat down beside me.
His name was Taylor. Dark haired, leader of the nerd squad and also very weird. He was muscular and was really adorable. But we had two different status it wouldn't of worked out.
“Hey, so um, how are you feeling?” He asked. I cleared my throat.
“Fine.” I said holding back the screams of fear.
“You're not fine. So just breath. And defend yourself. You're much stronger then imagined.” He said getting up and walking off.
I mean he had a point. I am strong just I forgot how to breath my own air. I think it's time I fight for myself. It's time to stand up and let Ben know I'm done.
Lunch came around and I was scared. I clenched my fist and went up to Ben who was around his football crew and started screaming at him how he was a total joke and as fake as these marks. And I showed everyone my bruises.
“You're an abuser. Not a lover. And I'm done.” I said turning around and walking away. Ben grabbed me by the arm pulling me against the locker and hit me at least three times before people, male and female, started attacking him. Even his own crew started beating on him. I rolled to the floor coughing and Taylor came around and helped me up taking me to the nurses office making sure I was fine.
Luke came running in giving me a hug and crying saying he was proud that I did the right thing. He turned to Taylor falling down in tears saying thank you.
Yet it was just a dream... I woke up still in my bed in the clothing I wore last night... Dreaming sucks...  
[reply] [quote]

Re: TO ALL MEMBERS: WRITING IS WANTED

9 Years Ago

Sorry if its long but thought I would share it and was wondering if I could join. I'm only 17 but LOVE writing!