Weird Writers Prompt : Forum : HELP ME!!!!!!

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Sam
[reply] [quote]

HELP ME!!!!!!

12 Years Ago

Hi, everyone! I am in a bit of trouble right now. I have writers block! I want to write so bad but I can't find anything good to write about. Could you help me please and send me some sort of prompt or idea to write about? It would help me a lot. Thank you so much!
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Jim
[reply] [quote]

Re: HELP ME!!!!!!

12 Years Ago

Sometimes it's fun to look at paintings or photographs and write a short story or just a sketch from the point of view of one of the people, animals, or even inanimate objects in the picture.  A picture of a battle is always a good starting point--what is going through the mind of one of the soldiers?  Is he afraid?  Confident?  Cocky?  Does he miss his home?  Does he believe in the war?  That sort of thing.    You can find thousands of paintings here:     Hope this helps.
[reply] [quote]

12 Years Ago

Originally posted by Sam
Hi, everyone! I am in a bit of trouble right now. I have writers block! I want to write so bad but I can't find anything good to write about. Could you help me please and send me some sort of prompt or idea to write about? It would help me a lot. Thank you so much!

You could go to Sumopaint.com there is a lot of paintings on there. I get a lot of idea's off of there.
[reply] [quote]

12 Years Ago

I know the feeling, I've had the exact same problem =/ what I've been doing is looking up insparational quotes and seeing if I can write about what that quote means to me. Best thing I was ever told though with Writer's Block is to scribble down something, an idea to be exact, and no matter how poor it is write on it, no matter how much you hate it and no matter how poor you think it turns out to be, keep it. Never throw out a piece of writing. Either that or write about how much you hate Writer's Block lol. Hopes this helps a bit =)
[reply] [quote]

12 Years Ago

When I have writers block I listen to music and look at pictures I've never seen before.  When I listen or see something new, I always have a back story to it.  :)