What's Wrong With Writerscafe? : Forum : Response to 'Rules on Webpage'

[reply] [quote]

Response to 'Rules on Webpage'

14 Years Ago

In the About This Group place, it says osmething about placing a set of rules on yourprofile or else you'll virtually be exiled from the community. I don't think this is a good idea.

I think installing new rules would, in the end, help our community, but not to the extent of excluding writers from the joys of interaction. Suppose a writer didn't understand what to do with the rules, and just followed them without a post, and then was isolated? No one would be able to explain to them what was going on, because no one would be talking to them! Or maybe some glitch in your computer isn't letting you edit your page. What then?

Also, you can't expect a society where all rules are obidiently followed. There will always be people on here who would like to do things their way. Does that mean we should cut them off? No, I don't think so. Maybe they don't agree with the rules, and who are we to say they have to? If this is initiated, WritersCafe will most definitely shrink.
[reply] [quote]

Re: Response to 'Rules on Webpage'

12 Years Ago

There is nothing really wrong with . We just need to hold an election and appointment the right people to oversee it.  We need people who are on-line 24 hours a day and 7 days a week with no excuses. We need to make sure that the adult writing is meant only for adults and that children and teens don't get into it. I don't see it going down hill as SW did. We can make this website work with a few simple rules and make them stick.   We need a commited community to keep to work. If the members have the qualifications to meet the bill they should be given the job that fits the bill.   Lucie A. Wesson