Words of comfort : Forum : Be yourself!

[reply] [quote]

Be yourself!

8 Years Ago

To start off, I am not sure really of what to say here, but I will try my best. Giving advice just isn't something that I am good at. I will listen to what you have to say, but don't really know how to help. But what I am about to say next IS something that can/will help you determine you path in life.
     It is just two simple words: Be yourself.
     It is not much, but is something that you should always keep in mind and always know about yourself. You can't let society influence you. What you need to do is fight back the urges to be part of what I see as a single mind. You NEED to be different. That is what makes us human.
     If someone tells you that you shouldn't have done that, or shouldn't have worn that and you listen, there is something wrong wih you. You have to stand your ground and say "I am who I want to be, not what YOU want me to be". The truth is, people will always say those things about you and there will be a good majority that will take what they say as truth and try to change themselves to fit the standards of society.
     Think of it like this: just because everyone has an Iphone, does that mean you need to get one as well? If you can't afford it, you can't be bummed out and hate yourself for it. You have the option to buy something cheaper, like a Ubuntu phone. Yes, you won't have all of the benefits of having an Iphone, but you can still call and text, which matters alot in the modern century.
     In the end, you can interpet this in any way that you like an even add on to it. This is just the core of an idea that everyone can participate in. I hope you will to!

[reply] [quote]

Re: Be yourself!

8 Years Ago

Originally posted by Sebastian Falzarano
     To start off, I am not sure really of what to say here, but I will try my best. Giving advice just isn't something that I am good at. I will listen to what you have to say, but don't really know how to help. But what I am about to say next IS something that can/will help you determine you path in life.
     It is just two simple words: Be yourself.
     It is not much, but is something that you should always keep in mind and always know about yourself. You can't let society influence you. What you need to do is fight back the urges to be part of what I see as a single mind. You NEED to be different. That is what makes us human.
     If someone tells you that you shouldn't have done that, or shouldn't have worn that and you listen, there is something wrong wih you. You have to stand your ground and say "I am who I want to be, not what YOU want me to be". The truth is, people will always say those things about you and there will be a good majority that will take what they say as truth and try to change themselves to fit the standards of society.
     Think of it like this: just because everyone has an Iphone, does that mean you need to get one as well? If you can't afford it, you can't be bummed out and hate yourself for it. You have the option to buy something cheaper, like a Ubuntu phone. Yes, you won't have all of the benefits of having an Iphone, but you can still call and text, which matters alot in the modern century.
     In the end, you can interpet this in any way that you like an even add on to it. This is just the core of an idea that everyone can participate in. I hope you will to!