Wordsmith's Guild : Forum : Dreams, ambitions? What do you..

Dreams, ambitions? What do you want out of this life?

14 Years Ago

Really? I'm curious.

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

Mainly, I'd like to find contentment. A constant one that lasts till death. Not the temporary that a bottle or a smoke can bring =]
In the short term though, I need to get accepted into college. Then transfer to the University of Virginia to get an MFA in creative writing. Then I want to be a creative writing professor.
While I'm teaching, I want to go back to school to study psychology. Then when I get a masters in that, be a psychologist.
Hopefully by then I will have published something.
I want to eventually quit smoking (for my fiancee).
I want to get to my weight goal, and THEN recovery.
I want to write a book about eating disorders and have it published.

Above all that, but under contentment, I want to become a legend.

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

Well, legends are made one day at a time, changing one life at a time.

You will get it!

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

Huh, that's a good thought! =]
I've never looked at it that way... that actually helps.

What is it that you're shooting for?

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

All I truly want, is happiness.
I will settle for making people think for themselves, and not anyone else..
I want people to know compassion, to understand the human condition...
I want people to know that their imperfection, is human perfection.

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

write 24/7.. oops ... I'm doing that already since writing FT at writer's cafe.. I guess 2B healthy & happy... keep the creative juices flowing, keep smiling & keep a young mind open to all possiblities --- learn something everyday.... I could go on &on but I gotta work ... Write for a living would be breathtaking experience that would absolute take my breath away.  Thanks for listening...

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

The next breath.

Can I really work for more? Seems enough for me.

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

How poetic!
Great answer.

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

Me? Hmmm. What I want in life is a little less extravagant than most people's dreams. It's kind of silly, but that's what hopeless romantics are for!

I just want true, ever-lasting, best-friend love. I want to wake up in the morning and see the love of my life's face smiling back at me, I want to cook dinner together with that significant other that creates butterflies in my tummy from a single thought, go for walks hand-in-hand in the park...and the more obvious but less speakable additions that love brings! =P I want a best friend that craves me like we all crave munchies.

Silly and simple, but it's what I dream of. I just want that happy relationship that yes, I know, will NEVERRRRR happen. I know it doesn't exist, so don't bother poppin' my dream bubble!!

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

I would love nothing more than knowledge. I'm somewhat of a philosiphor(with horrible spelling). But I don't want it just given to me, I want to work for it in a "get in people's minds" way. A mentalist, if you please. Study religion, make some really good sci-fi movies, and write a few books that make history. The usual really. And when I'm doing those things, I'll learn everything else.

"All knowledge is worth having" a book once said.

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

I want a boat.

A big f*****g boat.

Happiness and all that other poetical singsong will follow. :)

Re: Dreams, ambitions? What do you want out of this life?

14 Years Ago

I get accused [a lot] of trying to save the world. This is not true. I cannot, even if I did want to.   So I sit on my mountain, and watch what goes on around me.   Lately, I've thought about this question [a lot].   and I pray to my version of the Creator of my DNA, on high, and down low, and in the spaces in-between.   and I ask for the courage... not to save the world.   But simply to act in such a manner that I may one day be able to save myself.