World's Collide : Forum : Creatures

Creatures

17 Years Ago

Share your fantasy creatures and races

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

As cliche as it is, for me it's Demons and renegade/fallen angels. And of course the hero that defeats the Demon hoards. Haha, can't blame a guy for a crazy dream. ::tongue::
Oh, and zombies. I haven't written a zombie story yet, but I'm absolutely fascinated by the idea. In fact, bring on a zombie attack right now, I'm ready! *takes battle stance*

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

My creature are like were animal they have all thier animals features but walk or slither upright like man they also anatomically man based the bad guys are just like the other animals but at birth are fused with metal becuase of a genetic disorder that was caused by a virus the was released millions of years ago.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I try to be as eclectic as possible with my creatures...I use all the cliche things (harpies, dragons, griffins, sphinxes, unicorns, goblins, drakes, chimeras) and I try to make my own. The weirdest ones aren't even sentient, just like beasts of burden...they're usually something lizardlike.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris J. Fox
As cliche as it is, for me it's Demons and renegade/fallen angels. And of course the hero that defeats the Demon hoards. Haha, can't blame a guy for a crazy dream. ::tongue::
Oh, and zombies. I haven't written a zombie story yet, but I'm absolutely fascinated by the idea. In fact, bring on a zombie attack right now, I'm ready! *takes battle stance*

Yes; zombies and other dark creatures of the undead are interesting subject to include into the fantasy genre. sort of like in Lord of the Rings the Return of the King when Aragorn called upon the men of the mountian to help fight against the dark Lord in the War of the Ring; only the bad guys were fighting along side the good guys. I love that!

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Quote:
Originally posted by Justin Long
My creature are like were animal they have all thier animals features but walk or slither upright like man they also anatomically man based the bad guys are just like the other animals but at birth are fused with metal becuase of a genetic disorder that was caused by a virus the was released millions of years ago.

That's awsome; sort of like Anthrop type creatures; or Anubus. I am using Anubus in one of my storys called The Triangle; its about the Bermuda triangle, the creatures are like what you explained but more along the lines of egyptian Gods

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Quote:
Originally posted by Andy Kerstetter
I try to be as eclectic as possible with my creatures...I use all the cliche things (harpies, dragons, griffins, sphinxes, unicorns, goblins, drakes, chimeras) and I try to make my own. The weirdest ones aren't even sentient, just like beasts of burden...they're usually something lizardlike.

Those are my favorites! But I always have to have gryphons; I love them!

Re: Creatures

12 Years Ago

It varies in my different stories - one may have talking animals and goblins, another a dragon-horse and demons. In most of my stories, there are multiple worlds, including one of imagination, so anything may show up. I have a lot of original creations, too, including a small green forest-dwelling creature, a humanoid with spider legs and other stuff. Whatever fits the tale!