Write = Get Reviews : Forum : Not sure yet...

Not sure yet...

7 Years Ago

In almost every apocalyptic movie ever made there has always been one common denominator, humans became the prey. Something so common among all the species on Earth, but nearly unfathomable for humankind. I think somehow we all got too comfortable. We forgot what it was like to fight, to survive. The most we feared was losing the remote control and missin’ the beginning of our favorite show. Regardless of what life was like then this is life now. I try not to think too much about the past. All that does is take you out of the moment, and when you are distracted that’s when you become the prey, the weaker link. Everywhere we’ve gone was void, a shadow of the town it was once. The ones that were left were usually some level of feral and would kill you over a can of beans. For a while there were several of us, but we lost our numbers as things got worse. Survival of the fittest they call it. Those in our group who were military before the fall seemed to live the longest. There were others who survived though. They were either fast, good at hidin’ or had just plain dumb luck.  We’ve been lucky, Maddie and I, if that’s what you want to call it. Maddie has seen too much for his young eyes, so have I, but we don’t talk about that. It’s too much to deal with and continue to survive. So we just survive and if our luck runs out, well then it runs out. So many others have, the world’s population has to be down to just a handful. Still, I’ve never been able to see so many stars in the night sky.