Write = Get Reviews : Forum : Accept It

Accept It

5 Years Ago

Glazed eyes became paralyzed This fixated gaze stimulated A motivation to instigate The creation of a passionate relation A tender tinder ignited the flame The white light glowed so bright The beauty of its continuity Inspired a raging fire Warming these cold hearts Consolation in knowing Nothing can tear them apart The strong bellows fan the flames A shared effort to constantly maintain A connection between these two brains But the kindling is steadily dwindling Still These lovers forever have each other To keep their hearts warm These scarred hands forever bonded By the sacred promise of Unconditional love My loyalty is never in question But what about yours I see The look in your eyes Irritated watching the fire die I know Your brain thinks more than your heart Wondering if we're better off apart I hear The thoughts you scream Through your cold shoulder You're ready to turn and walk away And leave these coals alone to smolder Well who am I to keep you around I can't own anybody It wouldn't be right to keep you bound To my fire because of my desire To keep my body warm With the idea that there's someone Out there that wants to be my source But whether you leave or stay I know that I'll be okay I will survive this hypothermia I will build my own fire Though it burns green with impurities It keeps my chipped heart warm It keeps me oddly content With this unique life I lead I may be alone again But rest assured I am not lonely