Write. Read. Review : Forum : "...more folks read posts than..

"...more folks read posts than books..." observed the goblin

7 Years Ago

and with that the goblin just smiled saying "...alas, I have no books but I do like chatting with you humans, I mean by the time one has got someone to read even the first line of that book there, or blog for that matter, just imagine how many folks will have not begrudged me the time to read this post now...", in fact, the goblin just liked chatting with those authors who were still alive, as that way he got to know them and wasn't wasting his time upon those who weren't there for their readers so to speak, explaining "...admittedly it's a bit more difficult chatting with authors who are dead though, btw you're not dead are you, good because one never can tell really, silence is so tantamount to death on this internet here, yet I often find myself chatting to those ghosts of my own past in unguarded moments, what of it though, where if you write you just get used to those endless conversations with ghosts I guess...", whereupon the goblin wondered who'd be first to step out of the silence there, meanwhile though his ghosts would just hold him to his pen still as he waded through his past with them as company still, sighing "...not fair is it, I mean the reader can walk away whenever, but alas the writer is not so fortunate for he ends up living with whatever he writes in that "shared life" as it were..."

Re: "...more folks read posts than books..." observed the goblin

7 Years Ago

"...perhaps they're not there for their readers then..." observed the goblin thrown back to his own musings here instead, before adding "...the secret of online writing is keeping constantly at it, I mean let's do the maths together, let's suppose we take a writer doing the normal approach, that is he spends weeks if not months writing out a book, something that he has to then edit through, design a cover for, and convert to pdf format before it becomes amazon approved and goes on sale for 99cts a download, resulting in how many books then, let be generous a hundred books perhaps, two hundred even, I mean months of work for two hundred readers there..." whereupon the goblin restarted "...conversely, let's say that same author starts writing in his posts directly, and that he tries for one well thought out post per evening, perhaps his post will make a hundred views a day somewhere, not much is it agreed, but what if he then posted that same post across ten well views forums, wouldn't it be a thousand views by then, and what if he then continued that pace for a month, yes it's 30000views isn't it 30000reads in other words, would you like to tell me which way would get him known quicker then...", in fact, the goblin had no wish to become known himself, nor intention of writing some book neither, naah he only wished to help those here who wanted to write in posts directly for a vast online awaiting readership, smiling "...I mean don't those writers yearn for reviews now but do they ever put their plots in their posts, do they see you readers there, whereas me, I never ask you to read anything of mine yet still you've read this far haven't you, which is reward enough I guess, why, because forumland is not some dunce workshop for those would be writers there, ah no here is all about forum/venue thread/stage and persona/act, for your readers surround you if only you would see them there for your posts..."

Re: "...more folks read posts than books..." observed the goblin

7 Years Ago

and back the goblin returned noting that the authors were absent still, maybe they knew something that goblin didn't, maybe they were just like the goblin who didn't want to become known by what they wrote, before smiling "...naah, they won't know you if you play dead like this, but liked, disliked, what does it really matter when in the end we all die anyway, yet in this moment I had this pen here to write down these fleeting thoughts still where "fame and fortune" would be for those "vain and cheap" types amongst us, yet doesn't what you write out of yourself simply write you back inside too while writing it, thus all this becomes a kind of practice in its way, where the inner world forms over time while that one's age crumbles away one's outer world for all your "fame and fortune"...", and how medusa given half the chance would simply set her published suiters hard in set published stone, yet the goblin didn't fall for her hype here, and to prove it remained anonymous throughout, for in truth he and medusa had never seen eye to eye, smiling "...be beware, she dates those who would date her, so if I ever reveal myself to you now then you will that by that one act alone that it is not me here, but only someone claiming to be me now, why, because for I write for my muse and not for that medusa where doesn't this anonymity prove it to you, ah but how about you though..."