Writers Who Want to Help! : Forum : What things inspire you??

[reply] [quote]

What things inspire you??

13 Years Ago

As the title says, this thread is to share what things inspire you when you write. Obviously which writers, and what other stuff, like movies, singers/bands, etc. In my case, the authors that inspires me are Stephen king and Clive Barker in novel and short stories and Pablo Neruda in poetry. Horror movies contribute a lot in the weird things that come from my head. Also life experiences are useful to write and writing useful to get some things of my chest.
[reply] [quote]

Re: What things inspire you??

13 Years Ago

Characters and artists etc, don't really inspire me to write. I have thought about writing about a situation in one of the shows I watch, but haven't gotten around to it. I tend to write more about my experiences, others experiences, write about pictures, what I see, my imagination, etc.
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

I would have to say that my friends inspire me the most.
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

I write mostly about the side of the Marine Corps that most folks on the outside don't see.
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

In terms of authors, I'd say Bret Easton Ellis, Hunter S. Thompson and Jack Kerouac. For poetry it would be Oscar Wilde and Edgar Allen Poe. 
The genre of music that really gets me going is grunge. Nirvana, Sonic Youth, Mud Honey... The list goes on. 
But even random things can set me off; a line in a film, a cat in the garden, standing in a queue in Sainsbury's. All sorts.  
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

I also find that watching an inspirational or "epic" movie (Lord of the Rings, etc...) helps me get in the mood.
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

Originally posted by Kyle R. (Zdroyd)
I also find that watching an inspirational or "epic" movie (Lord of the Rings, etc...) helps me get in the mood.

Yeh, I have a couple movies that get me going. Ones like 'Requiem for a Dream' (Which also has an amazing score) and 'The Company of Wolves'. '9' also gets me thinking of great visuals.
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

Not to sound like a follower of trends, but after I saw IronMan I was in an insane mood to write some techno-thriller.