Writings of War : Forum : Writings of War: Tribute to th..

Writings of War: Tribute to the U.S. Veterans

10 Years Ago

Today, Memorial Day, 2013, a day for many of us filled with hotdogs and barbeques, but it is the most emotional. Soldiers of the past, present, and future are in our thoughts, prayers. Today, many of us stand at attention and solute those that fought and are fighting to protect this country to their best. I believe that there is at least one soldier in every U.S. family. Thank you for your sacrifice that you took to protect me, my family, and my friends. Thank you to my uncle, who served in Desert Storm. Thank you to the Vietnam veterans. Thank you to the Iraq and Afghanistan veterans. Thank you to the WWI and WWII veterans. Thank you to the American Revolution veterans. Thank you to the Civil War veterans. Thank you to the Texas Revolution veterans. Thank you to the War of 1812 veterans. Thank you to the Mexican-American War veterans. Thank you to the brave souls, who are now over seas, risking their lives to preserve ours. Your sacrifices and actions will never be forgotten. Thank you for what you have done, are doing, and what you will do. May the Lord be with you as you fight for our country.

J.F. Charleston.