Your work is removed after 12 reviews : Forum : What do you love and hate the ..

[reply] [quote]

What do you love and hate the most about writers cafe?

13 Years Ago

Don't let this get heated.
I love that people can comment on each chapter of the novels I write unlike other websites and that you can read and send read requests.
I hate people who de-friend or block me because I say something neutral and they take something not positive as a negative.
I wish I had more time to write as writing is my favourite thing to do.
[reply] [quote]

Re: What do you love and hate the most about writers cafe?

13 Years Ago

Same, I like that they have contests and I have tried many websites and I would have to say this is the best, what I don't like is when I notice that my scores are going down, and yet all the feed back that I had gotten was positive. Never believe someone would give a good review, but a bad score... which irritates me because if there is something wrong... I would like to know.
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

That's because people are scared of posting bad reviews because they know their comments will either get them deleted or blocked.

Some people rate based on how well the story is written, and some rate based on how well it matches the things they like to read. For example, I'm sure there's someone on this website who would rate a crap fantasy story 100 points just because it's a fantasy story rather than rate it on its merits.

Have you ever wondered why everyone likes everything on this website and there are no negative comments to be found? That's what my friend wondered. My friend submitted his 2 worst poems Writers Cafe which to be honest they were totally rubbish and everyone reviewed it saying how they loved it and how excellent it is and I didn't. He told me that people on this website don't understand how to write so he's sticking with deviantART and told me to leave Writers Cafe and go there instead. He says that people on deviantART actually review your work properly by adding criticism, and giving their honest opinion and helping you to improve your work as they understand writing as an art he said.
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

Originally posted by tynamite
That's because people are scared of posting bad reviews because they know their comments will either get them deleted or blocked.

Some people rate based on how well the story is written, and some rate based on how well it matches the things they like to read. For example, I'm sure there's someone on this website who would rate a crap fantasy story 100 points just because it's a fantasy story rather than rate it on its merits.

Have you ever wondered why everyone likes everything on this website and there are no negative comments to be found? That's what my friend wondered. My friend submitted his 2 worst poems Writers Cafe which to be honest they were totally rubbish and everyone reviewed it saying how they loved it and how excellent it is and I didn't. He told me that people on this website don't understand how to write so he's sticking with deviantART and told me to leave Writers Cafe and go there instead. He says that people on deviantART actually review your work properly by adding criticism, and giving their honest opinion and helping you to improve your work as they understand writing as an art he said.
My I just say this, I had a deviantart and I honestly only got what your saying you get here. I gotten more good reviews on here. What I mean by good is things that will actually help me. Most people don't care about other peoples work... Most people on Deviantart don't care about writing... it's more for pictures then writing...
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

I love writerscafe! I get to share my writing with lots of different people.  I get different opinions from people with different views and writing styles. I don't really hate anything about writerscafe. I think it's fun! ;p
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

I love how I can share my writing on this site and get reviews and helpful suggestions for improving my stuff. That is what I am looking for, after all. I love how I can meet new writer friends and chat with them. I love how I can see other writers' work and it inspires me for my own writing. The forums are nice, but I don't spend much time there and I like that we have groups that are active with a good purpose in mind. I hate some of the setup though. I would like to be able to comment on my reviews rather than having to put a comment on that writer's page or send them a message when I want to say something about their review. So basically things I hate about this site can be changed and I hope they eventually are. Another thing I hate is how if this site goes down for a while, we are never given a reason why. I wish they would set up an e-mail system to keep us in the loop about what's going on here. I have gotten negative reviews and I give them. I try to be honest and be nice about it, pointing out good points along with bad. Unless you are just out and out rude about it, I won't block or delete for negative comments. My work is not perfect and I am so aware of this. That is why I am here.
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

Originally posted by StephInCarolina
I would like to be able to comment on my reviews rather than having to put a comment on that writer's page or send them a message when I want to say something about their review.

I agree that we need threaded reviews/comments on submissions.
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

Hmm this would be my first visit to this group.. Sorry a lil bit busy.. x.x Hmmm I love how there's a read request thing here, but I hate the fact that it tends to pile up if you leave it for so long.. I have around 40++ read requests and it's driving me crazy x.x Don't get me wrong I love to read and stuff but sometimes, I don't have time to do so and when I look at the increasing numbers, it makes me feel stressed lool. But I'll get around to do it eventually =o
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

This site is awesome!!!! One thing that bugs the crap out of me is when you have to click on EVERY SINGLE FRIEND YOU HAVE TO SEND READ REQUESTS!! GRRR! Couldn't they have put a button where it says "Select All Friends"???? life would be so much easier!!
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

I hate when people on here consider on genre of writing crappy, while their genre they consider to be the Holy Grail of the literary world. No matter what genre a person chooses to write, that is their decision and because one person does not like that particular genre does not make it worse than any other.
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

Originally posted by FrantzoU
This site is awesome!!!! One thing that bugs the crap out of me is when you have to click on EVERY SINGLE FRIEND YOU HAVE TO SEND READ REQUESTS!! GRRR! Couldn't they have put a button where it says "Select All Friends"???? life would be so much easier!!

Yesyes! You are so right and it's that way with pretty much everything.
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

My reasons for loving writers cafe....
1. I am able to post my work on here for others to see.
2. I'm able to make friends and review there work.
3. The contest are very fun to enter.

My reasons for hating writers cafe....
1. Don't have time to review others work that often.
2. There are some mean and cruel people on here.
3. I have no idea what else to say. ^_^
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

What I love of Writerscafe.org   Well, when I joined this site I was overwhelmed of all the bright people and their nice writings. As time passed I was found to be hated for my writings. More and more people were, as it may, harassing me. I was called a Paedophile for writing the 3rd chapter in my novel Life and Death. Which made me angry, I found resourcefully actions in the groups by submitting the link of my chapter, along with a brief explanation, and a link to the accuser's account. There, after, I was called a Damned American, and I was, yet again, harassed on this site by other member's posting my name, a link to my page, and a rude comment stating terrible things about me. Ever since i joined this site, I have been Slandered, by most of the members in this group, I have been heart-broken, yet again, by most members in this group. Most of what I have wrote comes from my heart, nothing bad, nothing good, just life itself.   To this day, I ask myself why i stay on this site. I have other sites around the web, I am on, and I really don't even need to be a writer, just like the feeling it gives me when people tell me I make then happy or cry. :] I believe, like other sites, Writerscafe needs to have quip-ta-quotes, and age verification.   Today, I am one of the more well-known authors on the Cafe. I have won 50 awards since being here. I have over 1,000 friends, and I Moderate 75 groups, of which, most have over 100 member apiece.   My name is still mocked, slandered, and betrayed by a ton of useless members, who only think they are cousing me pain. I have news for them. :] The more they use my name, the more famous I become!   So think you members of Writerscafe.org for making me the man I am today. With a brighter smile upon my face and new writings on my paper.   ~S. D. Blankenship