dedicated horror writers : Forum : introduce yourself.

[reply] [quote]

introduce yourself.

11 Years Ago

a place for all who join to introduce themselves.
tell us about yourself
about your work
tell us what your favorite monster or something else is.

for instance...

I am john. I love horror, movies, games, books, anything terrifying or wierd is right up my alley. I'm currently working on a novel that follows detectives through a series of murders where the victims parallel the 12 apostles, who in the end turn out to be a cult trying to bring upon the apocalypse. im about 10k words in and going strong. my favorite monster is frankenstein. books, movies, art. i love it all i love the ideas and themes behind the entire story.

hope you guys enjoy your stay, lets keep horor alive on WC.
[reply] [quote]

Re: introduce yourself.

11 Years Ago

I'm Karl.  I love horror, too.  Right now I'm working on a multitude of horror stories.  I do need help with them all.  Of course I'll be more then willing to help in return if I need to.  So my golden nugget right now is about a demon who is in love with a woman.  To get closer to her he kills everyone else close to her.  I hit a bump in this story a while back and I haven't worked on it in a while but I digress...
My favorite monsters are ghosts.  Ghosts are freaking scary because there is a huge chunk of the unknown that accompanies them.  My favorite horror movie is The Exorcist hands down.  Hands way down. :)
[reply] [quote]

11 Years Ago

Hey karl, welcome to the group! as far as your story you should make a new post completely for it, id love to help you out with any opinions i can give you, i recently bought a 10 dollar book from barnes and noble that has a few things in it that will help. :) i haven't hit snags with my story yet, other than im never motivated or have time to work on it. lol

ghosts wasn't the first answer i thought would be said, but i definitely understand the allure to them :) they transcend every culture, and do have that mystery factor.
[reply] [quote]

11 Years Ago

I'll get the story up for you guys as soon as I can (it's on a memory card in a place that isn't my apartment) .  It will be up soon, though.  A warning, too.  It might read like the antagonist is a vampire.  I was thinking he would be a vampire at first but as I wrote more and more I didn't want him to be a vampire anymore.  They have just been done to death and I don't want any part of it anymore!  But yeah, totally I'll get it up here and I need some brutal, honest feedback.  People say that they will read it but then they never get around to it, or they stop reading it without giving me any feedback. 
I kind of put that one on pause, anyway, to sharpen my writing skills.  I just got back into it and I started writing a couple short stories to get my own style going, then I'm going to go back to my longer ones and hit them hard.  Well that's my goal, anyway. :]  Glad to be a part of the group.  Hopefully more people join.
[reply] [quote]

11 Years Ago

yeah, i hope more people join to. i love bouncing ideas off of other people, it gets everyones creative juices going but theres been a lack of horror fandom on here. thats why i started this group :)

as far as the whole vampire thing gos, him being vampire-esque without being a vampire might give him a good character base line. it would add another depth to him. just an idea. :) looking foreward to seeing your story bud. ill probally upload the first 10k words or so of my rough soon.

cheers.
[reply] [quote]

11 Years Ago

Ok, introduce myself.. so..

My name's Zephaniah.. Zeph for short.

I love horror books and games! I like movies too, but not as much, they're a bit too dramatic for me to sit through (I tend to fall asleep lol)
   My favourite horror authours must be Stephen King and John Saul :D

I guess there's not much else to say about myself...
I'm abit anti-social.. I find it very much easier to talk to people over the internet than in real life, lol.

[reply] [quote]

11 Years Ago

Hi Zeph!  It's awesome to see a new member here.  Horror is just the best, isn't it!  So you like books and games over movies - I like movies and books.  Admittedly I haven't seen a plethora of horror movies and I haven't read a whole lot of horror books.  But, I do like them.  And I see you like Stephen King!  I recently read Under The Dome and I loved every page.  That guy knows how to make you read.  Wow!  And horror games - well I haven't been into the gaming scene lately but I have to say that Silent Hill was pretty awesome.
Welcome to the group.
[reply] [quote]

11 Years Ago

I feel welcome

Horraaay and a ^5
!
[reply] [quote]

11 Years Ago

zeph! i was hoping you would stumble upon this. welcome aboard friend!
[reply] [quote]

11 Years Ago

also im about to run through the dark tower series... :D

and if you want to get into horror games check out silent hill, resident evil and slender (free game on the net for download, zeph here is the reason i started playing it, its f*****g terrifying.)
[reply] [quote]

11 Years Ago

A, I feel welcome :)
Played all those games and Slender is a-a-a-awesome. And there's new Slender mods
HORAY

[reply] [quote]

11 Years Ago

so stoked for re6 :DDD
and i still hate you for slender. game is downright terrifying. and i dont have audio on my tower right now. so no warnings. pure silence
[reply] [quote]

11 Years Ago

It's not all that scary though, I've played games way more terrifying :P
[reply] [quote]

11 Years Ago

i was refering to re6 the game.
[reply] [quote]

11 Years Ago

I'm assuming it's Resident Evil 6, and it's pretty damn AWESOMEEEE
[reply] [quote]

11 Years Ago

dont be scared new comers, hop right into the forums or introduce yourself here!
[reply] [quote]

10 Years Ago

I'm Gene.   I like various types of horror though I prefer the creepy make you think type over the jump out at you variety. Favorite writers include Edgar Allan Poe, Stephen King, and Clive Barker.
[reply] [quote]

10 Years Ago

Hey! How's it going? I'm RealistMe and I recently joined Writer's Cafe, earlier this morning. I guess you can say I'm a vagabond from Xanga 1.0 and Blogster. I also have my own website called, "It's Not All Gumdrops And Unicorns." Please feel free to check out my Writer's Cafe page and my website through Webs.com. :)
[reply] [quote]

10 Years Ago

Hey everyone. I'm Chris. I taught English Language Arts in a middle school for eight years. I used to write short stories late at night after my children fell asleep. Now I have a home business and I'm focusing on writing a novel during the daytime. 

For the last twenty days, I've written a thousand words a day. I do not leave the computer until I am finished with the thousand words. At this rate, I should be finished with the novel in thirty to forty days. It's about a guy who figures out a way to get high off dead bodies. It's gory. It's sexual. It's apocalyptic. As soon as I am finished, I will upload the first chapter to my account. 

I really enjoy reading horror and fairy tales and anything else that's written well. My favorite authors are  Neil Gaiman, Chuck Palahniuk, Ray Bradbury, Dean Koontz, Henry David Thoreau, J.D. Salinger, and Stephen King. 

Also, I would love to build or join a network of writers that help each other with criticism, editing, ideas, creating writing platforms, and social networking. Anyone up for all that, please friend me. 
[reply] [quote]

10 Years Ago

Hi! I go by Chaz. I'm a somewhat horror writer. I do other stuff but I feel most comfortable in horror. I like Poe the best. Violent, gory, disturbing Poe. I have one short horror story at the moment called “The Battlefield Inn“. The monster I write the most about is the inner wickedness of humanity. Not anything supernatural.

First Page first
Previous Page prev