the goblin's place : Forum : the goblin's storethread

[reply] [quote]

the goblin's storethread

8 Years Ago

repost from elsewhere,

the goblin was here too, alone save for that cold feeling of deep passing night as he eyed the the christmas tree for its reassurance though it only seemed to open doors back to earlier trees of his wilder times “…you’re all gone, why do you want me to remind myself of all this now, besides they're, and well you know it too, either dead, grown up, or very old now…” he voiced to the bright tree surrounded by darkness, but the tree laughed back "...stupid goblin, is it only now that you learn that you can't give christmas back to those who loved you back then, instead you can only pass it on for them still..."

[reply] [quote]

Re: the goblin's storethread

8 Years Ago

repost from elsewhere, the "how do you see yourself in thirty years time" thread

well, if the goblin was still alive in thirty years time, he had some idea of how he would look, yet he had no idea of what amazing things he could write, nor come across in writing them too, if he just kept on facing the slot like this, explaining "...you see perhaps [b]one's outer world slowly crumbles away while one's inner world forms[/b] but it seems one has to creates one's inner world lest one ends up with little of neither..."

[reply] [quote]

8 Years Ago

repost from elsewhere, just sharing

"...now let me see..." said the goblin after installing rometotalwar pc game on his computer, continuing "...I have the choice between playing one of three roman factions, or I can play the barbarians like the gauls, the germans or the brits, then again there is always the egyptian empire, the pathians, the greeks or the seleucid empire, yes all that, or on the other hand I could just decide not to play and remain some middle-aged family man living in geneva...", but the goblin knew the answer as his hand moved the mouse towards the "play" button, after all, he could take only so much reality until some distraction was called for

[reply] [quote]

8 Years Ago

repost from elsewhere, during the amarican election of 2008

"...good people of rome..." said the goblin practicing, "...I stand before you now as the only candidate for unity, the future and stability of this crumbling empire, with me you will have more bread and circus for your dinari, together then, we will face this tide of barbarians beyond our boarders and repel them, with me the history books will read of our times as "Rome's golden age" once more and, who else, but I augustus fleamailman head of the largest army the world has ever known can bring you this then..." said the goblin wondering if playing rome totalwar on his computer while watching the american political coverage were somehow not conducive to one another, concluding "...ah no, this is not good, I will have to stop covering american politics now, the computer game is more decisive..."

[reply] [quote]

8 Years Ago

repost from elsewhere, a writer's "last post" thread

the poster had won, as had the goblin many times to date too but there was always only one "last post" and only the one "now" to post it in, "...it is like picking up a handful of sand, and letting the grains slip gently through one's fingers..." mused the goblin "...there are so many things yet to post, and so many things that I have posted, but just like this sand then, they are somehow less attractive than the falling grains of the present situation..." the goblin was simply trying to say, that winning the "last post" game, was less of a prize, than the adventure of sifting through the sands for that which one could still post to win it with

[reply] [quote]

8 Years Ago

repost from elsewhere, a moment in the past

"...just to post is to publish isn't it..." voiced the goblin to himself descending the thread of posts where that each poster's styles was becoming clear even to the point where without seeing the avatar the goblin could still tell who had posted which then, "...and who said posting doesn't grow people and is to no purpose..." smiled the goblin at his words there, but the muse's pact was forcing him now to explain here that he was going back down to devon to see off his mother but that, which unlike any forthcoming birth, [i]waiting upon death[/i] simply brought back ghosts to his mind with a tally of their conclusion, so no matter what the goblin did throughout this day now, the day would just weigh down upon him in this moment as in of the following moments too, all was just this approachment in the time remaining, "...so now I go to the get-together of the unreconciled family members..." he said fearing what any one of them might say over the wake to come, then adding "...ah yes, I guess our ghosts will have a real field day in the silence as we look across at one another and see their apparitions between us still and wondering who is to blame for this then..."

[reply] [quote]

8 Years Ago

repost from elsewhere

to the goblin there was only one score that mattered, that of [i]have I caught it with my pen then[/i], in fact, it was just his way of fishing for thoughts, and as if to underline it, the late bistro played good music to a full house of lively chatting drinkers, while one lone figure sat in the corner typing away, looking up and then typing away again before finally posting something to forumland, so simply either the goblin was "there albeit mentally detached from his dailylife" or "here on forumland albeit still attached that dailylife of his", something he called a [i]shared life[/i], though most people would call it a writer's distraction then, or worse, simply someone daydreaming his life away

[reply] [quote]

8 Years Ago

repost from elsewhere

"...I don't feel like working today..." the goblin concluded trying momentarily to avoid any thoughts about the looming day and its workload, but it, like holding one's breath, had some failsafe device where one involuntarily checks the time against the tally of things to do, 30 seconds later the goblin is looking at the clock and getting ready sighing "...so much for my [i]state of denial[/i] here...."

[reply] [quote]

8 Years Ago

repost from elsewhere

“…this day returns not…” uttered the goblin seeing his happiness slipping away the moment he saw himself in terms of other people, true he was no longer young and the man in the mirror was hardly pleasing, true he didn’t have the house, swimming pool, etc., true that there were those far more educated and with more friends too, “…true all true…” the goblin sighed, ah but wasn’t growing old, in this way at least, the same boat for all of us then, it was as if somehow "life" was telling the goblin to fight his own battles with his own values, the goblin then laughed, comforted by that one fantastic thought then, “…you see, at this very moment I have this slot here, where I can post absolutely anything I like, so perhaps, with a little bit of luck and reflection, I can find that one really great something worth posting now in vindication of it all…” the goblin continued “...anyway I just bet you I can drag the giant washbasin across this shower room and fling it with all my strength against the barred window, like in that film…” somehow knowing life would either stop him beforehand, or catch him up later as it always had, “…ah but at least I tried…” the goblin repeated to himself aloud "...at least I tried, and I am still trying too...", and one day folks, at the end of his life perhaps, the goblin would escape through those bars just like that film too, god how he loved that film then

[reply] [quote]

8 Years Ago

repost from elsewhere

day nears its end, the goblin seated at the sitting room table is aware of the unfolding formality and pointlessness of returning to england to visit his mother one last time, and more likely the very last time too, before the inevitable that is, he felt like the rest of his life was on hold at this point while this one looming event was ever gaining on him, and, whether he embraced it or rejected it, the simple truth was that it would happen anyway and his only real course was just accepting it "...I don't know how many times I have accepted this fate already then..." related the goblin, adding  "...nor how many times more its demands for acceptance will return..."

[reply] [quote]

8 Years Ago

repost from elsewhere

"...everyone who posts on a "last post" thread is a winner for a while..." thought the goblin adding "...it's just that life continues so one has to keep on winning though, no not so much against the others here..." even if the goblin admitted that that too was fun at times, continuing "...no the real win is against the part of oneself that just wants just to live life from day to day without reflection, not looking within really, nor forming an opinion neither, just a dailylife at dailylife's price...", for goblin somehow believed that growing older was all about gaining depth at the cost of letting dailylife's distractions go, yet that other extreme also annoyed him too, in that he understood that one mustn't live one's life solely for sake of one's old age, where the phrase "old young is old long" seemed to sum up both sides of this dilemma, sum it up perhaps yet with no real reconciliation between them both

[reply] [quote]

8 Years Ago

repost from elsewhere

back in the village, and still looking after his mother in her mental decline, the goblin looks out the window and notices an old woman, who was now watching from the safe distance onthe church path behind our house, the funeral in the graveyard of someone who apparently had, some 35 years before this day then, refused her daughter something, and it was as if that ancient phrase [i]captain, I have holed our boat and together we will drown now[/i] was just written into the old lady's staring face at that point as the goblin watched her in his turn too

[reply] [quote]

8 Years Ago

repost from elsewhere, upon his mother's entering merlin's cave

readying for his return to geneva, the goblin had said goodbye to his failing mother once more, and yet again the goblin was thinking here that the older one gets the more that word "goodbye" has real weight to it, for his room in this old house was quiet and barely unchanged since the last time he had visited , simply it's silence reflected the absence of it's owner now, and although the goblin could easily play some music, or watch television then, somehow it just seemed neither right nor sincere to do so in this slow passing moment

[reply] [quote]

8 Years Ago

repost from elsewhere

"...this image is surreal, its details unknown...." notes the goblin as he cycles pass a group of people gathered around some car/pedestrian accident, and although the goblin can see nothing for the crowd, the attending ambulance's lights seem to twirl through the dark in unison with a lone church bell that calmly calls from somewhere above, the goblin has moved away by now but the image seems to follow him still, things like this do

[reply] [quote]

8 Years Ago

repost from elsewhere

it's that time of year, so the goblin has been thinking about christmas again, and how in this modern age it just didn't politically correct anymore, where non-christians think it is too christian, and where christians thought it is too pagan now, no what the goblin wanted to offer here something else, something new in fact, "...well folks, it's time for the all new "politically correct" name-change then..." ventured the goblin "...so what we need is something historical to celebrate in its place that is both secular and well known..." the goblin continued "...well how about celebrating the discovery on the new world by christopher columbus in 1492...", in fact, the goblin had only suggested this, imagining that there were probably some people in america who were aware of it, explaining "...all rather simple, we take the his name and shorten it, "chis" of christopher and "bus" of columbus...", and with that the felt he had done his good deed of the day and now only wanted to be the first to say on this thread "...merry chrisbus one and all..."

[reply] [quote]

8 Years Ago

repost from elsewhere

in fact, the goblin didn't really know how to judge whether his day was wasted then, well not in the way most humans could, where if the goblin did all that he should be doing he was simply be doing what his dailylife expected from him anyway, which was not what he himself really wanted to do now, whereas if instead he actually did what he wanted to do, then those things that dailylife demanded of him would just pile up again, so he compromised himself to both, doing both slot's and dailylife's demands in turn, "...but at least by each post I do I prove to myself that I was trying for something beyond my dailylife now..." said the goblin in the bistro of a cold winter's morning, knowing too, that nothing and no one was ever asking him to try, continuing "...ah no, there was never really any starting point on this [i]journey to self[/i] here, just some realization along the way perhaps that it's a shared life between that which is inside and that which is around one too, and that life is too short to be throwing one's days away without reflection on paper..."

[reply] [quote]

8 Years Ago

double post

[reply] [quote]

8 Years Ago

repost from elsewhere

the goblin had now understood, that almost all computer problems find their origin seated between a keyboard and a chair, so he turned his thoughts and eyes elsewhere in this "cybercafe bistro" with some of its computer screens set high against the far wall, where too, the goblin on looking up, sees the muted television screen showing some obese girl being reduced to the size she wants, the same channel that show cars pimped to something fabulous, and rock stars who live in palaces, "...get behind me television..." he simply retorts as the goblin moves himself around to the other side of the table turning his back to the television

[reply] [quote]

8 Years Ago

repost from elsewhere, a woman's interests "last post" thread

the goblin returned some hours later to find the there were still few posts "...alas, poor humans, I knew them well..." said the goblin borrowing words from hamlet while downing his coffee in the bistro where so called dailylife continued a pace around him till his eyes fell on a child being taught abc by her parent and could understand the child's resentment at flexing the brain on the weekend, where just like his own school days too the goblin wants to whisper the answer behind the teacher's back something like "...hush, you just have to take the last post place of the thread from the goblin here..." without getting caught by a the prof there who was normally one of those "read up marx, write down marks" types then, at which the goblin caught sight of all those old school day memories just before they could fully crawl out of his memory once more, he reburied them quickly

[reply] [quote]

8 Years Ago

repost from elsewhere

the goblin's inability to post recently reflected something inside, which was as if saying to him "too much on one's plate" and yet, it was probably all the more important is this moment then that the goblin posts on still,  "...simply, you see, the plate becomes so big that one eventually sees nothing else bar it..." repeated the goblin, still aware that it was nearing christmas, that the american post election was being played out on some wobbly stage, and that the world was still warming too, and yet, all the goblin could actually see at this point was this massive plate of his own personal problems, "...oh no, just to think is not enough here, where "to post is to win"..." said the goblin somewhat unconvincingly to himself, but whether the goblin in fact posted on or whether he just looked only at his own personal problems instead, the slot would only catch up with him at some later point with that tally of the duration of the time passed against the number of posts he had done withing, "...ah, this muse's pact is too severe and that slot ever hungers for more posts still..." sighed the goblin trying to think beyond his little plate of concerns once more

First Page first
Previous Page prev