the group : Forum : Website

Website

12 Years Ago

I got the idea that maybe we should create our own website where we can join and post our writing safety. What do you guys think? If so, who should create the website, and where.

Re: Website

12 Years Ago

It sounds like a good idea.:)

12 Years Ago

I would make it, but I don't know anything about making websites.

12 Years Ago

The most I would be able to do is kick it old school and have a heavily moderated livejournal community. 

12 Years Ago

This is going to sound super lame, but I'm going to vote for livejournal for this one. You can friend lock your posts and in communities, the mods can look over every single piece of writing that people want to post in there. And checking for plagiarism is as simple as copying and pasting a fairly unique sentence into google and searching. 

But that's just me.

12 Years Ago

It's a good idea and we could require them to tell us if they belong to another website and they must use their username at the time from said website so we can check up on them everyone and a while...IDK IM INSANE BUT IM ALL FOR THAT IDEA   P.s. I'll make it if y'all want.

12 Years Ago

To be perfectly honest, we run the risk of getting plagiarized no matter where we post or who runs the site. A tightly run password protected blog is the safest I can think of.

I can run any subdomain you guys want. However, I'm not paying for a full domain. A web hosting site is our best bet, I think.

12 Years Ago

Just wondering do you guys select the option so that only wc members can read your work??

12 Years Ago

Yes, always

12 Years Ago

Though it would be rather labor intensive to re post everything I have on this sight to a new sight I would be willing to do so if it meant that the plagiarism  issue was resolved, at least could be prevented. And until today I wasn't aware that it would be a good idea to check only WC members could read my work, but I will do so from now on.