Prolouge: The final peice.

Prolouge: The final peice.

A Chapter by The_Tom_Ward_Method.
"

nine years before the story begins, a man searches for the final peice to his uniqe puzzle.

"
 

Prologue: The final piece.


The man’s hands, already stained with dirt, dug into the moist earth once again. The soil tumbled from his palms and onto the grass, revealing a small object with strangely shaped edges. The man beamed and his cat like eyes lit up with excitement as he retrieved the object from the hole. It was a small porcelain puzzle piece, smooth and delicate.

 

 

He slowly rose to his feet, his contorted face becoming illuminated by the burning sun, his arms outstretched and holding the piece aloft as if it were a prize. You couldn’t deny there was a stride in his step as walked towards his unfinished puzzle, the one that soon would be brimming with life. With one hand he thrust the piece into place, almost forcefully, his cold heart pounding in his chest.

 

 

He sighed with relief, realizing that the piece had fit, but he knew he couldn’t rejoice quite yet. There was still one last thing to do, put in the final piece, the spare piece. He reached into the pocket of his soiled trench coat, pulling out another porcelain puzzle piece. This one how ever had an artificial air about it, in the way the porcelain looked quite dirty. It was true that he doubted this final puzzle piece, but nevertheless he had to try.

 

 

He stared at the gaping space on the puzzle, the final space to be filled. With a shaking hand he placed the puzzle piece into the empty spot, his lips curving into a smile as it fell into place. The just as he was about to dance with joy, the piece fell onto the ground.

 

 

He was quickly over flowing with despair, to have come so close to completing his goal only to fail. He kneeled to the ground and picked up the piece, a smidge of determination still left in him, and bit down on his pointer finger hard. A tiny dot of crimson pooled onto his skin, increasing in size with every second. He traced the edges of porcelain with his finger, lining it with bloody glue.

 

 

The man knew this was an act, only to be used in dire situations, and as far as he was concerned it was a dire situation. So without thinking of the consequences he put the piece in place, watching as the many porcelain puzzle pieces turned to flesh. What was once a hollow empty shell was now filled with breath and a soul, something the man wished it didn’t have.

 

 

He watched as the handsome face of his new puppet turned towards him, its blue eyes vacant. “Hello my puzzle, my puppet.” Whispered the man, a devious smile playing around his purple lips.

 

 

Which one is my name? Puzzle or puppet?” the puzzle boy asked his voice oddly hollow.

 

 

The man chuckled. “You wont have a name, you’re a slave and don’t deserve such a thing.” He took the boy by the hand, leading him through the forest and into the depths of a strange world.







































© 2011 The_Tom_Ward_Method.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ooooh, something new ^_^. I like new. Let's see, mysterious guy: check. Unique and slightly creepy prologue of a man putting a puzzle together: check. Puzzle coming alive and talking to the man: check. Sounds dark; malicious, kinda. Definitly worth the time it took to read XD which is more then i can say for some.

Keep up the good work. I'd hate to be disappointed.

OMG i called something over 6 months old new XD
O well, Good is good.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is great! A very good introduction. You have my curiousty. Just saying, though, that it should be spelled "the final piece" not "the final peice". Sorry, had to point that out. Fantastic!

Posted 13 Years Ago


A fantastic introduction into a twisted world. It turns from an indiana jones style find of a relic and then morphs quickly, leading us into the pits of a darker world yet to come. Please do continue!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow, this is something different. I really like this intro, how it was in the past giving you an image of what to expect in the future. Great job on the description. I suggest you to continue, it's really great :)

Sami

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

187 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 4, 2011
Last Updated on February 4, 2011


Author

The_Tom_Ward_Method.
The_Tom_Ward_Method.

In your basement.



About
I currently reside in the Under Ground Jello Market. Do not come searching for me! It's a dangerous place, not for respectable people. Besides, you wouldn't reconize me anyway. I.Am.Wearing.A. Must.. more..

Writing