Scar

Scar

A Poem by CC
"

Some scattered thoughts about my childhood.

"

Do you see this scar, this scar of mine that hides below my right eye? This scar of mine was made before the world ended, before you stopped loving me. Sure, we didn’t always have enough to eat or a place to sleep, but you still loved me. Before that scar was made, I sprayed your perfume on my doll so I could always have you near me. I would hold it close on the nights you never came home. You said I’d always be your little girl.

 

 

I’m not so little anymore and that scar of mine has healed long ago. It blends in with my skin on the outside but remains throbbing within. You’ve been out of my life for half a decade. It was my turn to end your world.

 

Now, do you see? See this scar of mine, hidden beneath sun soaked freckles and laughter creases? No, you don’t. My blood is no longer mixed with yours and I’m not your little girl.

© 2010 CC


Author's Note

CC
I know this probably doesn't make sense to anyone but me. But once again, I'll post this short piece just for the hell of it. Thanks for the reviews.

Chao!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

257 Views
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on November 11, 2010
Last Updated on November 11, 2010

Author

CC
CC

OR



About
My love of reading progressed into a love of writing at a very young age, about 7. I'm just a "word person", I suck with numbers. Chao! more..

Writing
Un-finish-able Un-finish-able

A Story by CC


Dreamland Dreamland

A Poem by CC


The Masked Dancer The Masked Dancer

A Story by CC