Arceae: Rise

Arceae: Rise

A Chapter by Zenovia

    

   (Five years later)


“I’d like to work here.”


“Hm, what your name and how old are you kid?”


“16, Max Kings.”


“Hmm..let me think.”


“Half.”


“Half? Half of what.”


“Half of the starting salary until I get to pace with the other workers.”


The owner smiled and said “You got yourself a deal. The job isn’t as easy as it seems though.”


“I’ll manage.”


The owner hands him a key and introduces himself.  “I’m Colin the owner of this shithouse. Your room is on the second floor, third one to the right. Wake up at six, the bathroom is the first door to the right. I’ll give you some food tonight because I’m feeling generous, but you’re going to have to buy your own sooner or later.”


      “Aight thanks.”

  

       Max headed up to the room he was assigned. He opened the door just to see a bed, a table without any chair and a window with the sun’s glare shining through. He grabbed any light weight objects and put on the ground outside of the room. He went over to the window and opened it.


        Max stood at the entrance of his room and focused his magic into his hand. He release it and a powerful wind blew the dust away. He cleaned anything that the wind didn't get and put everything back into their original spot. As he finished cleaning his room and was about to go check out the bathroom, he was called down to eat.

       He walked down the stairway to see the other workers eating dinner. The workers had huge muscles, yet they were only a bit taller than Max. The men checked Max out, everything was silent. Until one of the workers walked into the room.

   

      “Hey! You must be the new kid. Uh Nex was it?”


       “Max.”


       “Max, Nex, Bob, Paul close enough. Come on sit down!” The worker said obnoxiously loud.


      “Goddamnit Philip, shut the hell up! You goddamn moron!” Colin yelled.


       The other workers chuckled. Max went to sit down in the empty seat and ate his food. While he was eating Philip was still talking loudly. The workers all told him to shut up every time he spoke.


       “Philip if you don't shut your mouth and eat your f*****g food, I'll pull your vocal cords out.”


      Eventually the atmosphere in the room lighten up and the workers were introducing themselves. Everyone finished their food and went up to sleep. As Max laid in his bed, he thought about the events that lead him to this day. He was getting closer to the beginning.


      Max was ready at six as he was supposed to and went downstairs. Some of the workers were coming down and others were already there. Colin waited for everyone to be there and gathered us.


      “Alright idiots, we’ve got a newbie here and we’ll need to get him up to pace. So who wants to teach him?”


      “I’ll do it.” A guy near the back volunteered, easily the strongest and tallest guy there. “Name is Tobias.” He put his hand out and Max shook it. “Nice to meet you Tobias.”


     The rest of the meeting was to remind the workers to finish making the swords. I followed Tobias to his work area.


      “So what made you want to join the blacksmith industry?”


       “I was looking to make money and some friends.”


        “I feel ya, this place wasn’t the same as it was five or six years ago.” Tobias chuckled.


          We continued to small talk as he taught me the ropes on how to make swords and other items.


         “Do you like the new government Tobias?”


         “Who does? Anyone in Arceae hates it. They use us make us go in debt and then get angry at us for being able to pay it.” We live in fear of crossing the wrong people, even some of our customers are scum of Etra.” He ranted.


         “If someone stood against the new system would you join him?”


        “No.”


         “Why not?”


         “Well why sacrifice my life for something I don't know will even work.”


        “Let's say that it has a high chance of working, would you join them?”


       “Yes, I would sacrifice my life to give my children a better future.” We raise you guys in hope you can fix this situation because we cannot.”


        “You’re wrong, you can fix the situation, you can create the future you want your children to live in.”


        “Hmph, I wish I was, but we tried to rebel at the beginning. I lost my grandfather in the attempt. Even if I could, how would I do it?”


        “You will know when the opportunity comes. I promise it will come.”


        “Okay.”


        Max was a fast learner, by the end of the day he was on pace with the workers. Many days went on with Max and the workers grinding to make the customer’s request. A week has past since he started working in Colin’s blacksmith shop and he has been getting along with the workers.


       The bell rang at the front desk. Customers ring the bell if they are here to pick up an order or order something. Tobias went to the front desk and answered the person. Max was busy finishing a sword which was requested by the noble family Silva. The customer got angry after being told his sword wasn’t finished.


       Tobias was apologizing and he seemed scared. Max looked around to see everyone wary of the situation and asked what they were scared of. One of the guys answered.


       “He's one of the generals of the Etra. When he gets mad he beats people up and leaves them with burn marks.” The worker whispered,

still staring at Tobias and the general.


        The situation was getting out of hand. The general had already thrown some of the store’s product around. Max finally finished his sword and saw that the Silva family was here on time like they said they would. He pulled his hood over and pulled his face shield up, so that his eyes were the only thing showing.


        He did this whenever he left the comfort the building or talked to a customer, his age would give some customers doubt so he decided to hide it. He opened the door to see the general grabbing Tobias buy the collar. Max looked at Tobias and the look he gave him said don’t do anything. So Max walked by the general to find a man over the age of forty and his daughter which was around Max’s age.


      As he was about to tell the old man which was known as Evan Silva that the sword he ordered was done and hand it to him. The general turned around and got Max’s attention.


       “Hey kid! That sword can I see it?” The way he asked it wasn’t an option.


       “That is not for me to decide as this is not mine, but theirs.” Max looks at the Silvas. The general grabbed Max by the collar and said. “Let. Me. See. The. Sword.”

 

        Max looked over at Tobias, who was telling him to let him see it. Max ignored it, he didn’t like the general one bit.


        “I said it wasn’t my decision to make so let me go.”


        “Why should I ask those trash for permission? Now give it to me before I burn you.” He said while showing off his fire magic with his free hand.


        “Kid, just let him see-” Evan Silva tried to say before Max cut him off.


        “They aren’t a bunch of idiots like you though Mr. General. They were the top of Arceae before you cowards came.”

 

         “Cowards? Your leaders challenged us to a duel and lost. You guys didn't believe that they bet the nation on the duel and died fighting us. You guys are the idiots.” The general laughed.


         “You believe in lies.” Max hissed. “You are a pawn of a coward who couldn’t fight his own battles.”


         “Shut up or I’ll kill you! You f*****g trash.”


         Evan Silva was surprised. Could this kid know the true story? Who is he…


          “F**k off.” Max spat.


         The general swung with his fire fist at Max. Suddenly a strong wind blew the fire away and Max stopped the punch. Max heated himself using fire magic causing his body to get to hot to hold on too. He released his grip on Max and backed up.


Max crouched down a bit, he knew that being at a lower angle will help if it becomes a battle of physical strength. Tensions were high in the room, both sides were silent and unmoving. The door opened and a man wearing armor was standing there.


      “General, The council is calling for you. The man looks around and says. “Perhaps you are busy?”


      “No, just having a conversation.” The general follows the man out the door. Tobias and the other workers were relieved. Max stood up and looked at Evan Silva.


       “I apologize for the inconvenience.” He hands them the sword. Evan hands the sword to his daughter. She unsheathed the sword and admires it. “Do you like it Ava?”


        “It's amazing.” She says, then she looks at Max and says. “Thank you.” Genuinely happy.




© 2018 Zenovia


Author's Note

Zenovia
love me dad. :3 I love you.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

81 Views
Added on January 5, 2018
Last Updated on January 5, 2018
Tags: Retarded Shit, Fantasy, Medieval, Action, Superpower, Romance, Adventure


Author

Zenovia
Zenovia

Burger, NC



About
I don't have the will to live. If you are the same, read my poor excuse of a story. more..

Writing
Death Date Death Date

A Book by Zenovia


Arceae: Prologue Arceae: Prologue

A Chapter by Zenovia