How Many?

How Many?

A Poem by 1blaquote
"

60% Rate of Error

"

DESPERATE
MOTHER'S CRY,
NOT MY CHILD, WHY? HOW MANY HAVE TO WILL DIE?
TO JUSTIFY, "THE WHITE LIE" OF BLACK GENOCIDE???

THE JUDICIAL SYSTEM MANIPULATION,
HAS CREATED A STEEL PLATED PLANTATION,
COMPLETE WITH CONCRETE SLAVE QUARTERS ACCOMMODATION,
DESIGNED FOR THE BLACK MALE POPULATION, TO HALT THE
MANIFESTATION
OF OUR SEED
GERMINATION,
IN ATTEMPTS
TO ACHIEVE,
RACE ANNIHILATION.

LIKE OUR FORE FATHERS,
WE MUST REBEL AGAINST OUR OPPRESSORS,
WE MUST FOIL THIS SICK INTENT,
WE MUST BECOME THE AGGRESSORS,
& FREE OUR INNOCENT!

I BELIEVE TO THE POINT OF KNOWING,
THE NUMBER OF INNOCENT MEN ON DEATH ROW IS GROWING,
GOD IS NOT PLEASED AT THE LACK OF CONCERN WE ARE SHOWING,
WE DISHONOR OUR ANCESTORS, BY NOT DEMANDING CLEMENCY.
WE DISHONOR OURSELVES BY
IGNORING COMPLETELY,
THIS UNJUST MONOPOLY,
OF THIS BLACK LIFE
SACRIFICE TRAVESTY,
MUST ACCEPT
WRONGFUL
DEATH
JUST
TO BE
FREE,
WHEN
THEY
ARE
NOT
GUILTY!

© 2008 1blaquote


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is incredibly powerful, in part because its structure and rhyme force me to start slowly, then speed up, then take a deep breath and slow way down at the end for the shout of righteous anger.

Disturbing indeed, and as such this should be plastered all over walls and buses and governmental houses and churches and grocery stores and light poles. And I think it would make a marvelous spoken word poem -- it's definitely a winner, I think.

Thank you for putting the disturbing truth before us so passionately.

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Sr
profoundly passionate....

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Violence prepectuates and justifies more violence... the all world is full of violence... what we need are inteligent young people that don't fall in the trap of revenge in the "prestoric ways" of violence, that can THINK about a way out of violence REFUSING violence...
any kind of descrimination makes no sense to me... and when you divide human race into colors, status, tribes, nationalities, you are just dividing yourself and geting a wrong prism of things, always doings the same things you condmn in others and you become the same as them, dividing and discriminating...
that is what i think...


Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Your words are fervent and quite passionate in terms of their delivery. This sounds more like something that would be most appreciated when read aloud in a reading room. Certainly the rhetoric is forceful enough, as well as the questions it poises very mind-shattering.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I would write,
"Of black genocide"...this is minor.
This poem of course is replete with encouragement for black America and its youth. there is also a militant tinge to this work when you write,

"We must become the aggressors,
And free our innocent�"

...Cleopatra Jones would be proud. While I don't advocate violence against our fellow Americans, however, I also believe if a person sprays you with high pressure hoses, you have the right to crack some heads also.

A throwback to the black liberation movement. An interesting jaunt.




Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

The judicial system manipulation
Has created a steel plated plantation
Complete with concrete slave quarters accommodation
Designed for the black male population
To halt the manifestation of our seed germination
In attempts to achieve race annihilation

So sad, so blashphemous, so true. Your words sting like the lash of a whip. The system must change, but how to go about it? Powerful words of condemnation such as these are a start. That fact that there is such beautiful floetry to them will certainly help your message find an audience. First they must listen. Then we must act. The answer to "How Many?" is of course, "too much". When the day finally/hopefully comes that quality education and legitimate opportunity is truly made available to all, perhaps the madness of legally sanctioned bondage will stop. I don't support the choice to sell drugs, but neither do I support a system that gives so many so few other options to get by. I personally could care less if this poem is written, spoken, rapped or sung. Just so long as the words are said so that they might be taken to heart.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

This I must admit is not my kind of poetry Having said that it is very powerful piece of writing I can visualise recieving standing ovation delivered by a performance poet at a slam
Your presentation slow at firts then gathering strength then almost tailing off in resignation displays a fine vocabulary you know how to use effectively.
I normally suggest a more regular line length and regular meter and rhyme schemes None of which applies to this poem ivor

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

NICE! Would love to hear this as a Slam Poetry you would REALLY get the point out there! Deep and very true, nicel peace & stay safe...

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Awww talk about it now Sistah...somehow I just knew I would like your work...*standing O*.
Thank you - excellent movement...the rhythm hotness!

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Genocide I have witnessed first hand recently. And heard about it from a survivor, a young woman who survived it in Africa, barely. These were black people killing black people but I do not see where color matters at all to God. Thousands of corpses laid in the streets and fields hacked apart, skulls bashed in, buzzards feeding on bodies. I believe as Dr. King that judgement should be hang on the "content of personal character" and not upon color, religion, or national origin. It is sad that so many of those in our prison systems today are victims of racial profiling but a murderer is a murderer black or white and a thief is a thief the same. Society must have laws to survive or else the freedoms enjoyed by all will be taken away, and not just a few.You seem very angry. But the young woman who was actually involved in a genocide perpetuated against all her people, who hid in the bathroom of a priest for months and nearly starved to death there, who had her parents and family slaughtered and clubbed to death, was not angry at all. She said she forgave all those who murdered her family and friends and hacked them to pieces. I must say that she displayed a character of very worthy content. Perhaps that is why God allowed her to survive.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 3 people found this review constructive.

This is incredibly powerful, in part because its structure and rhyme force me to start slowly, then speed up, then take a deep breath and slow way down at the end for the shout of righteous anger.

Disturbing indeed, and as such this should be plastered all over walls and buses and governmental houses and churches and grocery stores and light poles. And I think it would make a marvelous spoken word poem -- it's definitely a winner, I think.

Thank you for putting the disturbing truth before us so passionately.

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

315 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 22, 2008
Last Updated on February 24, 2008

Author

1blaquote
1blaquote

Detroit, MI



About
I am a self-published author of "Speak It Loud," a collection of 22 poems filled with food for thought. I am a self proclaimed activist in my community. I am a parent of 3 beautiful children. I beca.. more..

Writing
Intimacy Intimacy

A Poem by 1blaquote



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..