Coconut Oil and Polka Dots

Coconut Oil and Polka Dots

A Story by Ania L

I embraced her tightly when we said goodbye. She fit perfectly into me, her head nestling underneath my chin. Her hair was intoxicating, coconut oil possibly? I stroked it while breathing the scent in deeply, letting the silky strands glide through my fingers. I knew we would see each other in just a few days but I would miss her terribly.

I still remember exactly what she wore when she left that day. Her curves were barely contained in that polka dot dress. She was the kind of woman that wore a bra one size too small to really accentuate her assets. The twins, she called them. Magnificent, my words.

Still heady from the smell of her, I pulled away. Kissing her forehead, then her nose, then her lips. Those lips! I didn't want her to leave. Just one more kiss... before she became the property of everyone else in America. She didn't get to enjoy privacy very often, but she spent most of her precious few hours off the silver screen with me. And we made sure we spent every single second wisely. Usually in the bedroom truth be told, understandable seeing as we didn't want the hassle of the papers.

Whispering a short goodbye in my ear, she looked into my eyes and turned away. Even her walk screamed sex. I watched, transfixed, as she hailed a cab and dived in, blowing me a quick kiss. With a deep sigh I checked my watch. Better get back to work. Cate's cab was already just a speck in the distance when I looked up.

Slipping my wedding band back on, I turned heel and headed to the office.

© 2013 Ania L


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Awesome last line. Awesome title. Great flash fiction. You gave an amazing image with a very short amount of words.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Ania L

10 Years Ago

What kind words, thank you very much x
Nice. A very smooth story! :(

Posted 10 Years Ago


Ania L

10 Years Ago

Thank you! X
I love the description you use, so vivid and detailed, really creates the picture for the reader perfectly. The scent of coconut oil is quite distinctive and I love that aroma. Your final line was unexpected and a superb ending. Excellent "short short" :) Justine

Posted 10 Years Ago


Ania L

10 Years Ago

What wonderful comments, thank you very, very much x
A very nice write...I like your style...:)................

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ania L

10 Years Ago

Thank you. I'm new here and haven't written in years so trying to find a style at the moment!
Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

Good to know...You are welcome...:)................
Well the ending was really unexpected!!!!This was an interesting piece:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ania L

10 Years Ago

Thanks very much, always like a twist :-)
Vidya Bacchus

10 Years Ago

You are welcome, don't we all ?:)
Brilliant. I LOVE this. I love the final sentence. Brings a whole new meaning to the entire story. Had to read it a second time because of that final line. Great job

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ania L

10 Years Ago

Ah thanks! Hoped it would make an impact. Merry Christmas! x

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

467 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 23, 2013
Last Updated on December 24, 2013

Author

Ania L
Ania L

United Kingdom



Writing
Headlights Headlights

A Story by Ania L



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Downfall Downfall

A Poem by A. Amos