A Place Like No Other

A Place Like No Other

A Story by Kymmie
"

A descriptive writing peice I had to write for writers craft at my school.

"
 

A Place Like No Other


As I sit alone, bored, lost in my own mind. I travel and travel a forever winding path. Seemingly heading no where. I walk along the trails, minding to stay perfectly in the middle away from the evil surrounding me. They gape and grasp as my thighs, arms, whipping my hair, trying to pull me a stray. As they continue to drag me down... I begin to run... run.. speeding through the trees, jumping over the fallen down debris, running faster than I ever thought possible. No matter how fast I am going, it seems that they catch up to me with ease, no matter what obstacles I throw at them, they just go right through... It scares me, tears start to stream down my face. One by one, they mix with my make up, stinging my eyes... but I don't stop, I have to keep going, I have to get where I want to go...


**FLASHBACK**


Walking into the small clearing, holding my fathers hand. I had just lost my mother, tears still falls freely from my troubled and shattered eyes... “Keyara,” my father says, “We're here, look up, we've made it.” I slowly and warily look up through my black eye lashes... “It is sooo beautiful daddy,” I gasp, “But I don't understand... what does this have to do with anything? How will this place bring mommy back?” I finished skeptically. This was the most beautiful place I had ever seen... The grass from the meadow seeming to shimmer under the suns glows. The leaves so deep, almost as if they hold the souls of many who passed on way before their time. Patches of colour caught my eye... flowers... the most delicate and bewildering flowers ever seen to the human eye all lived harmoniously amongst the butterflies and birds. In the back of my mind I can here a waterfall, I look to my left, and the most extravagant sight I have ever witnessed, stood the most elegant looking waterfall. The water falling over the edge seems to be dancing gracfully into the lake below. “Keyara, my sweet, sweet Keyara, just call to her...” My father whispers, drawing my attention back to him. “Mommy, I miss you, I didn't get to say goodbye, I need you, please, come back..” I begged, tears falling again. I bright light hovered about the gardens and moved to rest in front of me, as I reached out and touched it, a warm sensation ran through my veins and abruptly my mother was standing in front of me, smiling. “I'm here my love, my Keyara..”


**END OF FLASHBACK**


Crap! I wasn't paying attention, I tripped a wisp of evil, now they are engulfing me, suffocating me, dragging me down to the depth of hell. I know I am going to die. I allow it to wash over me, give into the dark... before letting unconsciousness consume me, I choke out “I love you too mommy, I'll see you and daddy again soon, we can be a family again”. With one more wave of blackness sweeping over me, I sigh, and give my life away, with a smile on my face, because even though I am dying, I finally feel at home, at ease... I feel this is where I belong.

© 2010 Kymmie


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
Added on October 12, 2010
Last Updated on October 12, 2010

Author

Kymmie
Kymmie

Windsor, On, Canada



About
I am who i am more..

Writing
I'll Go I'll Go

A Poem by Kymmie