Chatper 10: Help

Chatper 10: Help

A Chapter by Hosimone

      He starts towards me again, slowly, and I rush to my feet, backing up, my wing dragging next to me. This could be a trick. They could take control of him anytime. He stops where he is, an expression of sadness and pain develops on his bloodied face.

 

“This could be a trick.” I tell him.

 

“It’s not. Please you have to believe me,” he pleads. I walk over to him, but I don’t let my guard down. He doesn’t move when I approach him and I let up a little. I examine the gash I gave him on the side of his face and it’s deep. Very deep. The scratches on his stomach aren’t bad; it won’t take long for them to heal. He’ll definitely have a scar across his face, though. Worry crosses his face as he takes a closer look to what happened to me; he still doesn’t move.

 

“It’s okay, you can move, now,” I tell him. I sit on my haunches tiredly and the first thing he does is hug me. He wraps his neck around mine and encases me in his wings; he is careful around my broken one. We stay like that for a while before he speaks, “I thought I was going to kill you.”

 

 

“But you didn’t,” I pull back from our hug to look at G’reth. He looks away and at the ground. I can feel my wing healing already, grimacing as the bones shift and assume their correct position. Sure, bones heal fast, but bullet holes? It takes weeks in that department. I sometimes don’t understand our ways.

 

“G’reth,” I start, “we will find a way out of this.”

 

He looks at me sadly, “Will we, though?”

 

Hearing him say that just gets me even more determined to find a way out. He is never one to accept defeat. I usually am. He’s always pushed me to find the answer and, if I don’t, he always has at least one at the ready.

 

“Yes,” I say with determination. He smiles weakly at me, still traumatized at the notion that he almost killed me. Truth is, I have no idea what I am going to do to get us out of here. Perhaps Jake can help…

 

Jake, I send a thought towards the human’s mind.

 

Hey, I heard about what they did to both of you, are you okay? Is G’reth? A flurry of questions start to fill my head, but I cut them short.

 

We are okay…G’reth is traumatized and probably will be for a very long time, but he will get over it. I hope. I was actually going to ask you to help.

 

With…?

 

Getting out.

 

 

Jake?

 

Yeah, um, do you have any idea just how hard that will be?

 

Yeah, that’s why I asked you.

 

Well, unless you can transform yourselves into people and sneak out, I doubt that there is even a slight chance of getting out.

 

I don’t say anything.

 

Grace?

 

Well…

 

Are you implying that…you can transform yourselves?

 

Yes, I am. However, we rarely do it.

 

Jake’s silence is stunned. Now it was my turn to make sure he was still there.

 

Jake?

 

Sorry, I’m just trying to process this.



© 2017 Hosimone


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
Added on June 23, 2017
Last Updated on June 23, 2017


Author

Hosimone
Hosimone

FL



About
Previously on here as 50centdolly. I am not on as much as I used to be, but I have a few pieces that I have recently written down so they will make their way on my profile quite soon. more..

Writing
80s Synth 80s Synth

A Story by Hosimone


Darkness Darkness

A Story by Hosimone


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Hosimone