That night it all changed...

That night it all changed...

A Story by Faust

The night started like any other. I was preparing for an orchestra concert. I was waiting for my father to come home from work. He was an hour late when we got the call. Just for a moment, my breath caught in my throat. My dad was on the other end of the phone crying. In all of my 16 years alive, I have never once heard my dad cry. He is always so strong and doesn't seem to show weakness. He called us from the police station. He has been wrongfully arrested for a crime he did not commit. When he told us that the police showed up at his work, I was mad. I was mad at the world for trying to take away my father, I was mad at myself for not realizing sooner what was going on (appearently, the investigation has been going on for weeks without me knowing), I was mad for not noticing the change in behavior by both parents, I was mad at myself for being an ignorant child who did not understand what was happening. 
The police arrived at my father's work place, put him in cuffs, and drove him away. It was hard to listen to the heart breaking sobs over the phone. My mom drove off somewhere after the phone call. She probably needed some space. I don't blame her. I was just trying to hold myself together long enough to explain to my little sister (age 14) what was going on. I felt at the time that I wasn't allowed to cry. I was the older sister and had to be strong for the family when it was falling apart. 
I called my friend who lives down the street as well as a family friend who lives a few miles from us. The family friend drove me to my concert (because the show must go on, right?) while her husband watched my sister. We had no idea where our mom was. I had to play in cool in front of my orchestra teacher and my musician friends. They could tell that something was up, though, I think. 
The concert began and then it finished. I don't remember much about it. I think I was kind of dazed. I played the notes I was supposed to, but I didn't hear any of it. My thoughts just kept racing with questions. What was going to happen now? Where was mom? Is my family going to be ok? I wanted answers. But I knew better than to ask. 
It probably wouldn't have been so bad if he was arrested for shoplifting or something. But no. He was arrested for allegedly sexually assaulting one of my sister's friends. Well, they aren't friends anymore because of this. That little girl lied through her teeth to the cops. Whenever she was with my dad after hanging out with my sister, so was I. He never did anything to her. And now, because of this, my family is struggling to make sense of all this. I don't understand why she did it. I don't understand what the next step is. But I do understand that my parents are both not available. My mom is working all the time, my dad is currently not in custody (for now) but he is not allowed to be with a minor by himself. That includes my sister and I. I have a few jobs myself and have been taking care of my sister. 
I hope someday this will be behind us and we can move on with our lives. I hope someday, the kids at my sister's school will stop picking on her because of that news story about his arrest. And I really hope that my dad can finally be able to walk the streets without being stared at and one day be able to step out of the watchfull eye of the law. 

© 2019 Faust


Author's Note

Faust
This is a true story that started about a month ago. We are still awaiting for this case to finally be closed. I know he's innocent, but many don't. The parents of some of my friends have told them that they shouldn't be friends with me because I'm the daughter of a "pedophile" (They still remain my friends though and I love them for that)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow, deep and intense, Emily, to put your life and your heart on show, to show emotion, hope everything works out for you and yours, very personal piece of writing, thanks for sharing

Posted 5 Years Ago


I loved this little story. I believe he is innocent. This is really is how people can lie and twist truths. I wish the world wasn't so cruel. But overall, I love how the older sister is trying to be strong for her family.
A.G.

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
4 Reviews
Added on March 10, 2019
Last Updated on March 10, 2019
Tags: breif mention of sexual assault

Author

Faust
Faust

Sun Prairie, WI



About
I'm back! I don't think anyone noticed that I closed my account for a short time though lol. Basically my sister was messing with my computer and it screwed up my account more..

Writing
This year This year

A Story by Faust


$20 $20

A Story by Faust