Memories put on paper

Memories put on paper

A Poem by Faust

I am so very lost in thought.
My mind is racing,
My eyes are seeing this world and creating an image that only I can invision.
My ears are processing my words, and my words are creating my world.
I am not an experienced writer by any means.
I've never been that good at peicing together the information that is required to tell a story.
But I write with my senses. 
I write with my thoughts, sight, ears, smell, and voice. 
I voice my opinions, my concerns, I put them on the page and it is up to the reader to understand these views.
I have yet to experience life, but I feel that I have seen life at its best and at its worst.
I have seen the death of someone many times, 
But I have also had the honor to witness the birth of someone even more times.
My uncle was murdered in cold blood by his best friend, 
The person he thought he could trust most in the world.
I was there to recieve the news of his untimely death and the news that the killer was not to be sentenced because of his mental state.
I have had to say goodbye to my grandparents, a few friends who felt they didn't belong, and even to beloved pets. 
But in the middle of this chaos, life was created. 
I remember staring at my sister's face when she was brought home.
6 years ago, my first younger cousin was born. I got to name her. Charlie. It was the name of one of my friends who passed.
A few months ago, Charlie got to see her younger sister, Parker, for the first time.
I get insperation from my friends, my family, and my experiences.
But there is still a long way for me to travel.
And I plan to take my memories with me.

© 2019 Faust


Author's Note

Faust
Thanks for reading :) I am very proud of my family and the way they can hold themselves together in the middle of the storm. They are the eye of the hurricane that we call life.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

59 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 26, 2019
Last Updated on June 26, 2019

Author

Faust
Faust

Sun Prairie, WI



About
I'm back! I don't think anyone noticed that I closed my account for a short time though lol. Basically my sister was messing with my computer and it screwed up my account more..

Writing
This year This year

A Story by Faust


$20 $20

A Story by Faust