Embarrassing Memories Act 1

Embarrassing Memories Act 1

A Stage Play by 54NDR4 4DJ31
"

A short script to define an embarrassing feet I had to endure. Enjoy my suffering, why don'cha?

"

No, I refuse to begin this"I don’t even think this can be called a story. Hmm, maybe a few short memorial stories crammed into one tightly packed piece of text. So, yes, as I was saying, I refuse to being this story by saying “my life sucks”, because it doesn’t. Instead I’ll say “my life needs some varnishing and a bit of dusting in the high corners”, and then I’ll see you on your way to reading this…this…

 

Sandra: there is this one person, and of course he has to be male, who I see almost every morning when I’m commuting to school, and almost every afternoon when I’m commuting from school.

 

(Pause and breaths)

 

Now, I as a female individual, have had no interaction with males my age for almost three years now; after primary school and being admitted into an all-girls school the concept of male interaction was lost on me.

 

(Audience gives her a sceptic glance)

 

Hey, don’t blame me, I have homework''

 

Audience: lame excuse.

Sandra: "and mountain of anime to watch"

Audience: nerd.

 

Sandra: "ah-and…erm… (sighs deeply, finally conceding and giving a tired sideways glance to Audience)  you know what, a long time ago I realised that there was nothing for me out there"well, nothing ‘fun’ to do outdoors, or nowhere to go other than the library or park"so I decided staying at home and being a recluse was good enough. 

 

Audience: the only places you can think of going is the library or park? (Stifles a laugh).

Sandra: do I look like a rich working thirty-something year old to you? I have no money to spare on tedious outings, plus no one would go wi"

Audience: so, you have no friends? (Tauntingly, teasing).

 

Sandra: I would really appreciate it if you stopped interrupting me, it’s annoying. Yes, I have friends, but they’re almost as reclusive as me…plus, my friends have lives outside our friendship. You gotta give friends some space, they’re like pet…(contemplating the previous comparison)…that was probably a real bad analogy.

 

Any who, back to my memory.

We have covered the fact that I’m not very good with situations concerning males, and as such, you could infer how nasty this situation could turn out.

So, every morning I leave at the same time as him, not by choice…it’s not like I’m spying on him through my window or anything, although he does live in the estate beside mine"

 

Audience: stalker.

Sandra: "hey, no, no, I’m not. I only figured out where he lived because one day I ended up walking in the same direction as him and saw him going into his house.

Audience: Yes, because that didn’t sound stalker-ish at all.

Sandra: (finally agitated, snapping) shut up, and just listen would ya?! Eesh (exhales deeply).

Audience: (exhales in a ‘hmph’, slightly offended).

 

Sandra: (clears throat) Ahem! So, yes, we go the same way almost all the time.

 

The awkwardness began to pile up, however, when I noticed him giving me suspicious side-glances.

The first day I noticed it, was as Tuesday. I’d just missed my bus, because I’d slept in half an hour into my alarm, stubbornly insisted on showering and doing all the prep stuff I usually do in the morning. When I reached the bus stop, he was standing there, arms in pocket, looking the way he usually does…(notices the grin on Audience’s face) and no, before you get any ideas, I don’t have any kind of a crush on the dude.

 

Audience: (dubiously) then what, you just watch him?

Sandra: did you have to make that sound so wrong?

Audience: I tell it like I see it, and right now, you seem like a real creepy chick. Watching guys without them knowing and what no.

Sandra: (pause) I have no response to that.

Audience: (smugly) exactly.

Sandra: (snorts and rolls eyes) oh, shut up; acting as if you know me.

 

So, he gave me a “I’m suspicious of you, you might steal my chickens if I were a farmer” kind of glance.

 

Audience: really? Farmer?

Sandra: shut up.

 

The bus came, and he started walking towards it, as people do. While walking towards it, I bumped into him of accident, and he stopped walking. He stood in the position in which contact was made, while I walked past him and onto the bus.

 

Once on the bus, I claimed my usual place near the doors.

 

…once I got trapped behind a bus door when it was opening. Worst bus riding experience realised.

 

Audience: you’re side tracking. Get on with the story.

Sandra: (chuckled lightly) yeah, sorry.

 

I stood in my place, wriggling around to make myself comfortable. Then, as he got on and walked down the aisle and made a move to walk up the stairs, he temporarily paused and gave me the same suspicious look. Although, on this account, it was more of a glare.

 

We rode on the bus. Got off the bus, and then got onto the same second bus. He didn’t look at me during these transactions…well, I don’t think he did, because I wasn’t looking at him.

 

(Pauses)

 

The next re-collective events happened weeks apart"ish.

 

Audience: what d’ya mean?

Sandra: should I just summarise it?

Audience: (lazily shrugs shoulders) sure, yeah, why not?

 

Sandra: well, what I noticed was that, the times I saw him decreased. He stopped leaving at the same times as me.

Audience: oh, so you mean he caught onto your pervi"

Sandra: I was not perving.

Audience: then what do you call what you were doing?

Sandra: I’m uncomfortable around dudes, so I tend to notice their movements a lot more. I’m weary of ‘em and all that. Especially dudes who I see on a frequent basis.

 

And that’s what I think happened to him as well. He got suspicious"although I have no clue as to why"of me.  (Suddenly getting angry) I mean, I don’t even know him, and just because I happen to live in the same area as you, that doesn’t mean I’m stalking you.

 

This one time, I was really early for school, because I had some Drama and Spanish assignments to do. I didn’t see him at the first bust station"I take two buses to get to school"but when I got on the second bus, and went to sit up-stairs, because it’s a double decker bus…he was the only person sitting there. There was nobody else on the upper bunk of the bus, but him, and he was just sitting there sipping on his tea, or whatever he had in that flask.

 

He stared at me, with the same suspicious eyes, although they were slightly ‘softer’, until I seated myself. Before I took my seat, I returned his look with one of my own.

 

Audience: so…basically, you think that he thinks that you’re following him?

Sandra: (nods defeated).

Audience: but you’re not, so what’s the problem?

Sandra: I don’t know, actually. It shouldn’t bother me, but it does.

 

Audience: so what…was that all you had to tell me?

Sandra: don’t say it like that, you make it sound as if I’m paranoid.

Audience: that’s probably because you do sound paranoid.

 

Hey, who cares about some dude who just so happens to be the same age as you thinking that you’re a stalker. You’re not. End of discussion.

 

Sandra: b…b-but.

Audience: (snaps) what?!

Sandra: I’m bad with boys.

Audience: aint we all.

 

(Audience stands to leave)

 

You should just ignore the dude. I mean, it’s not like he’s got a girlfriend for him to be suspicious of and or for. If you ask me he"

 

Sandra: but I think he does.

Audience: what?! (wide-eyed).

 

(Lights go out).

 

END.

© 2013 54NDR4 4DJ31


Author's Note

54NDR4 4DJ31
I write on Windows Words before uploading. On Widows Word '--' comes up as '—', but on Writers.Cafe '—' appears as ' " ' (speech marks, or 'periods' as I think their mean to represent).

My Review

Would you like to review this Stage Play?
Login | Register




Reviews

haha!!!!!!! that was incredible!!!!! i loved it!

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 13, 2013
Last Updated on November 13, 2013
Tags: Embarrassing, memory, funny, script

Author

54NDR4 4DJ31
54NDR4 4DJ31

London, United Kingdom



About
Full name Sandra Adjei (54NDR4 4DJ31), slightly 'immature' code-naming system, but what else can you do when you're not the only Sandra around. Not much, that's what. I am a fourteen (almost fifte.. more..

Writing
Chapter One. Chapter One.

A Chapter by 54NDR4 4DJ31


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by 54NDR4 4DJ31