LIVIN IN THE SOUTH /or/ IS IT PECAN or Pee can?

LIVIN IN THE SOUTH /or/ IS IT PECAN or Pee can?

A Story by Robert Filos
"

A little bit of fun in the South

"
Picked up my daughter from jury duty yesterday and had a great time on the ride back. Laughed so hard and long, it was great just joking and smiling. So we are turning onto Round O Rd and I look up to see the familiar sign at Mac’s farm supply that says,
GRITS
PECANS
and in perfect NY accent, I turn and say “what’s a Grit?” the famous (Joe Pesci)https://youtu.be/pWC0sKCS5oA line and she started laughing. I guess she had never seen that and couldnt remember me acting it out before. Now I knew I had her so it was time for some improvisation and new material. So I say, is it pecan or pee-can, I need to go in and ask that fella what size we can get 12 oz, 16 oz, a quart? and how far that will help us drive without stopping, also do they have pee-cans for both guys and gals, and how do they differ” “I mean down here in the south they come up with all the good ideas, up north we just stop and go, gas station, fast food restaurant, they all have bathrooms, the few minutes saved by peeing while driving might be something to consider, so next time you see the sign that says “PECANS” go in and ask them these things and you will experience some true southern comfort.
postscript..we laughed so hard we coulda used a pee-can!

© 2016 Robert Filos


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I am eating lunch at my desk and I need a pee-can from laughing so hard. I love it. I love Joe Pesci and could hear him saying that. Thank you for sharing an amazing moment.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Robert Filos

7 Years Ago

The real funny thing is I got a million more. thanks I'll keep posting
JBoone

7 Years Ago

Thank you. I can't wait.
Robert Filos

7 Years Ago

latest up now

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 18, 2016
Last Updated on May 18, 2016
Tags: Pecan, Southern Living, Humor, Folkwriting

Author

Robert Filos
Robert Filos

Nationwide



About
I write what I call Folkwritings. These can be in many forms but generally are writings by and for folks. Some of the headinds I write under are Folkwritings from the Future, Writings for the Revoluti.. more..

Writing