Empty Promises

Empty Promises

A Poem by AnayaJ.
"

Just a short passage type thingy

"
Tears web your eyes as you see them saying their vows. The one girl you truly love, and with whom your heart lies, is there, claiming another guy as her husband; tying a knot with somebody else.

You knew you could have been the one saying the words that bonded your life with hers for eternity. But you sit there with regret eating you, and you shoot envious glances at the guy who has her heart with him, and has succeeded in keeping it safe.

You had her heart within your hands. She had let you snatch it from where she wore it on her sleeve, and she had believed the promises you made of keeping it with you forever. But you failed. You failed to keep those promises. You betrayed her.

You still remember the look of betrayal and hurt that was etched upon her face when she saw your fingers loosen the grip on her heart and as it fell to the ground. The pain that took over her made your heart squeeze itself painfully until it ached physically. You were too proud to acknowledge that. Too full of yourself to accept your feelings for her.

And you watched another guy enter, pick up those pieces and glue them together, unafraid of the wounds the sharp edges of the scattered pieces could have given him. He had the courage to endure the pain the leftovers of her heart had caused. That guy succeeded in winning her heart.

Your empty promises became your defeat


© 2016 AnayaJ.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very thought provoking and sad. I've known a lot of people who've done things like this, myself included a few times. It's very sobering. Beautiful work.

Posted 7 Years Ago


AnayaJ.

7 Years Ago

Thanks :)
Sinbulvinter

7 Years Ago

Not a problem. =)
Paragraph 3 and 4 are very very moving for me....the wording was perfect. They reminded me of a certain time in my life and really put me back there for a split few seconds. Very very moving poem indeed.

You're usage of words is compelling. Please do write more.

Posted 7 Years Ago


AnayaJ.

7 Years Ago

Thankyou so much!! Read my other piece 'That's when' as well and do review. Hopefully, I'll write m.. read more
AnayaJ.

7 Years Ago

Oh you have already reviewed that. :'D
thanks for the encouragement :)
The last few lines are amazing! Well written. Great piece.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Very good! I haven't ever read anything refering to pieces of a broken heart as sharp, like they could cut one's hands, excellent line

Posted 7 Years Ago


AnayaJ.

7 Years Ago

Thanks so much :)
-AJB
Jay

7 Years Ago

You definitely have a way with words, thoughtful and true. Keep up the good work
AnayaJ.

7 Years Ago

Thanks :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

464 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 12, 2016
Last Updated on October 13, 2016

Author

AnayaJ.
AnayaJ.

Pakistan



Writing
Perhaps Perhaps

A Poem by AnayaJ.


Karma Karma

A Story by AnayaJ.