A sense of...

A sense of...

A Poem by Adam Lain
"

Random fleeting thoughts...

"
To be human is to feel. Not the wrinkle of time, but more so of the skin. The brevity of life; the collapse of memories upon memories, resulting in an a dense stack of experience. This in turn begets wisdom. Maybe...to be wise is never known, truly. Yet, maybe to know ones not, one is; somewhat confusing. So to be human and wise is wonderful, glorious, and self appreciative, because you won’t lament on faults, imperfections, the off topic rants and ill placed "purposeful" story. You will let it flow, just as your years have for you to acquire that very truth, or lie. What a mess life is, a paradox of flawless imperfection.

© 2011 Adam Lain


Author's Note

Adam Lain
This is a subject I constantly ponder. I mean, honestly, it's a frustrating paradox. Yet, it's so much fun to think about, haha.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow, this was amazing Adam, and I loved how you used the contrast of dark and light. You are wise and this was simply outstanding. Keep up the good work, fantastic job.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

265 Views
1 Review
Added on June 7, 2011
Last Updated on June 24, 2011
Tags: Wisdom, knowledge, prose, humanity

Author

Adam Lain
Adam Lain

Flint, MI



About
Finally getting around to writing some brief info about me, which of course leads you to the conclusion that I'm a procrastinator. Nevertheless, I am a 20 year old Psychology student attending the Uni.. more..

Writing