It's Not Much Time

It's Not Much Time

A Story by TheMizFit
"

Just a 30stm fanfic.

"













My mother always told me that I’d be the one to look after my brother. After all, I was the one older than him, a year older than him. I was obliged to take care of him and look after him. I didn’t like looking after him. I didn’t like the fact that he was my brother.

 

I’m Shannon. Shannon Leto. And Jared is my younger brother. Ever since I started thinking, I never liked my brother. Call me evil, but that’s just me. I was always jealous of him. He would always get my parents’ attention. I’m the one my parents would blame for his mistakes. I’m always the wrong one because of him. My parents expect me to take care of my brother after everything bad I’ve been through because of him. Oh, I don’t like that at all.

 

“Okay, Shannon. We’ll leave for the whole day for your father’s business. Take care of Jared.” My mom told me as she left the house and entered our car. I was ten that time. Jared was obviously nine. I didn’t want to stay in the house and look after Jared. I wanted to go outside and play. So, as the normal Shannon would do, I left the house. I left Jared all alone in the house, not caring at all what he would do.

One reason why I hated Jared so much aside from those I said is that he always acted stupid. It’s like his brain wasn’t functioning right for his age. He’s so child-like and I didn’t like that about him.

Two hours later, I felt the need to go back to the house to check on Jared. But why would I want to check on him? But I needed to. It felt like something wrong was happening.

I couldn’t stop myself so I went home and checked on Jared. There he was, he totally messed up the house. It was so messy. Oh, why did I have to be his brother? I just wanted to kill him, but I know I couldn’t.

Again, I was to blame for his mistakes. Why can’t he grow up? I really hope he’d be gone. I hated him.

 

Jared was getting on my nerves more often. He overshadowed me all the time, only because people think he’s better-looking.

“Shannon, get over it. You’re already 18, don’t be such a baby.” My girlfriend told me when I told her how much I hate Jared.

“I don’t think you understand…”

“I understand, Shannon. You’re letting your jealousy get all over you and you just go on and hate Jared. For goodness sake, he’s your brother. Pull yourself together, you’re not supposed to hate him, you’re supposed to love him. He’s done a lot of things for you, why can’t you do the same?” With that, she left me alone. What she said affected me, but why was she sticking up for Jared?

I’ve had a lot of fights with my girlfriend because of Jared. She, too, blames me for everything. That day happened when she decided to broke up with me. It hurt me so much that I just wanted to kill Jared. He was the reason, after all.

 

“Sha-shannon?” Jared said entering my room. My face was buried in my pillow.

“Did I tell you to enter?” I said. I was too depressed to talk to anyone. Especially to the reason why the girl I love broke up with me.

“I’m sorry, I just… are you okay? What’s the problem?”

“What’s the problem?!” I shouted, stood up and faced him. He looked scared, and I was enjoying it. “What’s the problem? You’re my problem, Jared! Ever since you walked this Earth, I had a problem with you! I hate you; I hope you get out of my life, right now.” And with that, I pushed him out of my room and locked the door. I guess it felt good to let out my hatred to him once in a while.

 

When I was 21, I was invited to a party by my friend. My parents didn’t allow me, so I sneaked out at around 11. Jared saw me when I was opening the front door.

“Where are you going?” he asked.

“It’s none of your f*****g business, Jared.”

“But mom didn’t allow you to go. You know it could be dangero"” I cut him off.

“Don’t be such a baby, Jared. I’m already 21, for goodness’ sake!” I left the house angry at him. He always spoils my fun.

The rest of the night was a blast for me. I got drunk and didn’t remember anything after being totally drunk. I drove myself home and got in a car accident. I thought I was going to die. I couldn’t breathe. Pain, all I could feel was pain.

I needed a blood transfusion from someone with the same blood type as I do. Someone, fortunately, donated to me.

“Who did?” I asked my mom one night as she told me about it. Jared came in and my mother smiled.

“Your brother did.” I was left speechless with what my mother said. Why did he do that? I always tortured and hated him yet he still did that for me. If he never did, I would’ve died and I wasn’t really for that at all.

 

“Why did you do that?” I asked Jared when we were finally alone in my hospital bed.

“Do what?”

“Donate blood to me.”

“I couldn’t possibly let you die. You’re my brother, Shannon. I love you.”

I tried my best not to shed a tear. What Jared did to me changed my life and view on him. He was always there for me and I never cared about him. What I didn’t know was that it was too late for me to change my view on him.

 

Three days after I became “friends” with Jared, something none of us expected happened.

“Shannon, what’s happening?” Jared asked me, panicking. I, myself, was panicking, too.

“The brakes won’t work. S**t.” I was doing everything I could but nothing stopped the car, before we could think about something to do to save our lives, the car fell in a deep gorge. The last thing I remembered was that Jared held my hand tightly.

 

“We couldn’t save him, we’re sorry.” I heard the doctor said as I opened my eyes. I was on a hospital bed. What did the doctor mean?

“What?” It was obvious from my voice that I just woke up.

“Shannon, you’re not okay, just keep resting.” My mother told me.

“No, what did he mean?”

Nobody answered me. I looked at the bed next to me. There, Jared was sleeping, motionless. A single tear fell from my eyes.

“He’s going to be okay, right?”

The doctor shook his head. No, this can’t be true. Jared can’t be gone.

“We’re sorry.”

“No,” I whispered. “No! This isn’t true! Jared’s not gone!” I was having panic attacks. This can’t be true. I’m dreaming. “NO! He’s not gone! He’s just sleeping.” I was crying. I couldn’t take more of this. My eyes didn’t want to believe what I was seeing.

 

I guess it was really too late. I shouldn’t have taken Jared for granted. I should’ve taken care of him since the start. He was important to me. I regret not knowing that earlier.

                                                                 

© 2011 TheMizFit


Author's Note

TheMizFit
In the picture: The one in the right is Shannon and the one in the left is Jared.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
tHe
That was so good it wasnt funny. you ARE just the most amazing writer i know! and i thought i as good! send it in to a proper book publishing place!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow. that was really well-written. I loved it! You kept the reader's attention throughout the whole story. I also love how your message comes through at the end. Sometimes we can take things for granted and not realize it till its too late. We need to cherish what we're given because someone or something may be important to our life after all. And that is something that life makes us go through, our journey and through life's hardships to learn lessons we need to go by. I really enjoyed this! ^^

Posted 12 Years Ago


Damn. That's amazing.
Nicely done.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Grates on the readers need for clarity and vision. I love how you have kept secret the plot point and relished in the jaded atmosphere of youth and possibility, very well written with a clear flow and dictation.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

346 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 17, 2011
Last Updated on April 21, 2011
Tags: Jared Leto, Shannon Leto, 30 Seconds to Mars, brothers, love, regret

Author

TheMizFit
TheMizFit

Philippines



About
About Me? I'm Rica. Currently 13 years old and I live in the Philippines. I am currently a Junior in High School in one of the best schools in the country :). I love music and I always wanted to be a.. more..

Writing
Just You Just You

A Poem by TheMizFit