My Passport Away From You

My Passport Away From You

A Poem by ABellaDonna








I found myself in a foreign land, all alone�"and with me I carry my baggage of memories which is you. I closed my eyes and said to myself, I did not leave my home to escape from you but to find myself and get a new perspective. With every place I’ve been without thinking of you, I finally could breathe a little deeper and see more clearly. It could have been real, but circumstances didn’t allow us�"I always knew that I allowed myself to get trapped in a relationship for all the wrong reasons because I refused to believe what they said�"that your Angelic face was a shell. My Achilles’ heel was always giving everyone the benefit of the doubt. But you knew that I guess?



Being away for a while restored my faith in the kindness of strangers and the beauty of the unknown. I got a taste of independence, although at times you would still cross my mind and it always hits me like a truck. The food, the art, the people reminded me of what I truly needed at the moment�"that I didn’t need to be a fool to feed someone else’s ego, because I was on my own in a different world, suffice to say I can stand on my own.



Maybe my dependence on you was just a phase because I needed someone to understand me, I just couldn’t let go when clearly I needed you more that you needed me. But it was okay, mistakes are inevitable for a broken person like me. I just realized that a new environment was the only catalyst for me to wake up from reality, that you were clearly a mistake�"I can see it now.


-A.B.

© 2016 ABellaDonna


Author's Note

ABellaDonna
what do you thin of my first post?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
Added on October 18, 2016
Last Updated on October 18, 2016
Tags: love, heartbreak, finding yourself, writings about feelings

Author