Rose in the Script

Rose in the Script

A Story by Ace Jaxon

Thunderous lights turned on in the auditorium as I sat there struggling with an idea. My script is due by the winter solace and I only have three months left. My mind is getting tangled in real time. If I don’t start soon, I’ll never make the deadline. What to write about? I need a plot! What to write about?


“A rose for a troubled soul?” A white rose was in front of my face, I looked up to see the familiar face of Kai Jones. Kai Jones has been my roommate ever since I moved overseas. Who would have thought I’d meet my inspiration in my own home in England?


“Kai, not now! I’m not troubled!” I found myself frowning with eyebrows furrowing.


“Yeah, yeah. Least you could do is leave the auditorium, afterall you don’t have an idea.” Kai abandoned the rose on the laptop in front of me. Kai’s bright blonde hair found its way in front of his eyes perfectly. I closed the laptop after grabbing the rose. I placed them both in my violet satchel.


“Well, do you have an idea? Snarky Kai?” I smirked knowing he hates me using that nickname for him.


“Actually I do!” His panda face was red with fury as he picked up his own bag full of roses. I was standing next to him, but with the height difference I could have been sitting and you’d never notice the difference.


“Let’s hear it then!” I rolled my hazel eyes honestly doubting he had any good ideas. His brown eyes lit up with pride not noticing my eye roll.


“Simple three words! A love story!” Oh my god could he get anymore cliché? Though it is something I hadn’t thought about, probably because I don’t know how to write one!


“Too classic.” I rejected the offer best I could.


“Oh come on, please Carol!” He did his classic puppy dog face, damn with that pout! “Just for me Carol, just once!” He was practically on his knees begging me.


“Ugh, fine! I’ll give it a try even though I have no experience!” Did I literally just give into this fairy tale?


The next month had arrived and all I’ve been doing is researching and talking to Kai. Kai says he is popular with the ladies, and it’s quite infuriating. I mean it’s not like I care who he likes or who likes him, right? Yeah that pretty much sums it up totally don’t care at all, the hell I’m thinking I honestly do care! Ugh, world why does my life end up like this?


“Carol you listening?” Kai snaps his fingers in front of my face desperately trying to get my attention to tell me another story about his love life.


“I’m sorry, What were you saying Kai?” I looked up at him generally confused.


“I was telling you about a girl I went on a date with in highschool.” He seemed annoyed, but relaxed at the same time.


“You do realize I have to experience love myself to understand right?”


“Well duh! That’s why I’m here! I’m going to get you a boyfriend!” How dense is Kai? Why can’t he see he’s the one I love? No, Kai don’t do this. Don’t try and get me one! Be mine! “Carol, hey Carol are you even listening to me?!” Kai yells to get my attention his face red from frustration. I hug him out of instinct.


“Kai, I don’t want a boyfriend!” I whispered.


“What do you mean?”


“I want you as my boyfriend not some rando!” A blush lingered on my face as I whisper-shouted my answer as to why.


“Wait what?! Carol we are roommates, nothing more.” Why did that sting so badly? Kai, why would you hurt me like this? Are you that dense? I said nothing more as I let him go and headed off in the direction of the auditorium, and that’s when it hit him. That was when he realized I’d always loved him since the day we met.


“Hey! Carol are you alright?!” Another student asked me as I ran past them with tears streaming down my face. Kai is a moron an utter moron! Why did he not notice? Stupid world, stupid Kai! “Hey, Carol are you okay?” The student caught up to me asking.


“I’m fine.” That was my only response and all it took for the kid to walk away. I sat and opened my back finding the rose Kai gave me all shriveled up and dead, which only made me cry harder.




Come on Kai? You have to find her! How could I have been so dense not to have seen it before? Everytime I asked if she was listening she was, but she always forgot about it because it never pertained to us. I bumped into a student in the auditorium who looked worried.


“Hey? You what’s wrong?” I asked the student.


“Carol is crying and she won’t explain why? Do you know afterall you are her friend?”


“Where is she?”


“Down the hall and to the right.”The student gesture towards the back hall.


“Thanks, Whatever your name is I owe you one!”


“I’m Jeffery.” The student said just as I ran off in the direction of Carol.




Kai! What the hell is he doing? He’s a moron! Kai go away can’t you see, you’re only hurting me more! GO AWAY! Don’t look at me while I’m crying. You’re only making things worse. Go, leave me here to shrivel away like the rose in my hand.


“Carol, I’m sorry!” Kai hugged me crying on my shoulder. Let me go you dumbass. Wait, you’re crying too.


“Whatever Snarky Kai!” I laughed and he laughed beside me. I think I’ve found the motivation and the story. Now all I have to do is write the script.


The final month was here, and I’m only halfway done with the script. Kai and I started dating not long after our fight. He keeps bringing me roses everyday, which is quite pestering. I can’t turn them down though, I think it’s adorable that he brings them everyday. The only problem is it’s allergy season, and he’s killing me with all the flowers. I swear, I’m going to die from being near them. The last couple of days this kid named Jeffery keeps showing up asking about Kai. To be honest I’m tired of it. I wish the kid would just leave, but then again if he did Kai and I wouldn’t have any other friends.




My name is Jeffery Harrison. Ever since I met Kai and Carol we became friends, but I can tell that Carol finds me annoying. I’m wishing she’d get out of the picture. I mean who needs two friends when you can have one all to yourself, but I suppose that’s the reason she hates me. It bothers me that she kept Kai all to herself all these years, it’s obvious that Kai doesn’t have any other friends. That is unless he’s living a double life like me. The real reason I’m sticking around is because I’m working for a gang who wants to rob the house they live in. The gang: 10 cats is a group of people who find people with lots of money and rob them of all of it, the reason I’m confused is that Kai and Carol don’t have any money. Everytime I ask about it the gang just tells me it’s for personal reasons. I’m tired of being left out and never told what’s happening around here.


“Hey Harrison! You got any new details on the relation of Kai and Carol yet?” The gang leader Jones asked me.


“No sir, nothing new. The only change is they began dating three days ago.” I told him and Jones started mumbling something under his breath. “I’m sorry, what was that sir?”


“N-nothing Harrison, keep up the good work!” Jones rushed out. Jones, why are you lying. Just tell me, what is going on. That’s the only way I can help. Every time  you do this I break, you leave me behind. Please not again. Jeffery, pull yourself together. You can’t cry, not today.


© 2018 Ace Jaxon


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

64 Views
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 21, 2018
Last Updated on February 21, 2018

Author

Ace Jaxon
Ace Jaxon

Dassel, MN



About
Just a learning poet and a writer with a story to tell... more..

Writing