Thorns

Thorns

A Poem by Arun Paul Kapur

I lay here in the darkness, the light not be seen.

Only sky stars be my saviour. I cradle upon any help which i can find in this path we call hell's road.

Real fears and broken dreams only  now I face the truths of reality but i can not let it strike me down.

They say show your true colours, but how can I do so when all you see is black and white?

Seems the easier way to ditch what I have made of myself, just to fit in as Black or white.

There is no place for the bright red rose , amongst the piercing thorns.

Chop me down as you do whilst the petals continue to fall.

All is left are the scars, the scars we all share together.

I try to reach out, but to no avail.

My system has shut down, finding a way to grow again.

Material gains mean nothing if i have to wear this almost inhumane expression of false pleasure.

Leave me be the way i was born to be , how can you all judge when everything i just said is exactly what you say to yourself?

Your just the scars like everyone else and you pray to they go away, the petals will grow back one day , but the scars stick forever. The petals continue to fall, decingrate and die, leaving only everything bad i never wanted to remember.

I stare into a black hole which i call my inner emotions , trying to journey through what i feel.

Iniside the mind of you and me, prepare to be frighetned for what you reall find and cast yourself, just like everyone else, just ask how do i know this?

Because i am that person who you are looking at, when you see me, it is you, confused yet? its true.

This is what scares you, the fact you are now in the real world again.

I however , I am still lost in a nother world and I can't escape, but for now in a clear conscious sate of mind, I am one of the fallen petals. You can help me grow again, but i will be teared apart, to be replaced and keep going on whilst pain and suffering is numb.

© 2012 Arun Paul Kapur


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Deep and indicative. Did a great job obtaining such emotions.

Posted 11 Years Ago


You captured this realy well. deep and quite profound. enjoyed.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

191 Views
2 Reviews
Added on April 30, 2012
Last Updated on April 30, 2012

Author

Arun Paul Kapur
Arun Paul Kapur

Wolverhampton, West Midlands, United Kingdom



About
Intriguied by life's wonders and open minded to what the world has to offer. Very passionate about what I believe in and willing to always learn new stuff about life and generally everything. There is.. more..

Writing