San Francisco's Occupation

San Francisco's Occupation

A Story by A T Lupian

Seemingly all is at a lost. The tech industry's plutocratic coup d'etat occupies this once artistically vibrant space that flourished in a different time. The elitist tentacles have finally gripped what is left of San Francisco’s Mission District. Simply, the Mission is incinerated and in its place will soon stand Starbucks and Amazon kiosks.


The techies have re-coded the history with one fell swoop, deleting the cultured and the freethinking generation. That is, the Spanish speaking Latinos can no longer hold on to the little that they have and the anarchists hipsters are now forcibly swatting in Oakland fuming as to why they cannot make rent as they gargle the contents of their Pabst can. Whereas, the new tenants gallop off their Silicon Valley chariots sporting their sleek Google Glasses targeting the panaderias and taco shops of Mission Street.


It's a plague. No, worse! For the Black Death was indiscriminate, whereas this vile transformation is systematically planned by the clinching MacBook Pro greedy few. This frightening madness is beyond a clinical diagnosis. For the hacking manics have conquered the colored defenseless. Quick, assemble a protest of thirty kids and march on; but it is nevertheless too late for their cries of arson and "F**k the police" to be heard. Gangster rap can no longer inspire the bygones.


One must evolve or swallow the shame of a sheriff deputy knocking on their front door. Rallies and crowd sourcing will not avert the impending eviction notices. Where does one seek refuge in this mass exodus?


It shall be noted that resistance did occur. Yet, the ill organized nevertheless ultimately failed to reign in on the leeches whose thirst for power forged this revolting destruction of the Mission District with perverse condominiums and gluten free bakeries. Now a virtual cloud engulfs the City's notorious fog in the Mission. The sunny days are gone.

© 2014 A T Lupian


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
Added on August 4, 2014
Last Updated on August 4, 2014
Tags: creative nonfiction, spillink, altlit, nonfiction, gentrification, sanfrancisco, writing, writer, freelance