Chapter..1   (A Murder)

Chapter..1 (A Murder)

A Chapter by A.Tarek

     5 Years Later, In Seoul -Capital of South Korea-

  

  Specifically in A police station, The Chief -Short Man in his blue suit & strong sense of justice- began scolding some drunkard Detective in mid Thirties with weird hairdo, dirty outfit, bad smell, Light bearded Chin-

  “What a disgrace? A honourable detective sleeps on a Stakeout, you let the Criminal flee after a successive crime, ...just tell me Why? Huh? Why? *Bashing his head with the case file* You Damn Fool, Have you really learned nothing, 10 years as a detective, my a*s. I can’t believe how much you mudded our reputation in the dirt?”

  

  Suddenly the Man repulsed strongly “That hurts man. Alright.. Guilty as charged. Is it so wrong for us to have some drinks to lighten our Job? We depend on a rat’s a*s of a wage risking our lives everyday”

 

   Everyone in the circle stopped his work looking in Surprise; some of them were nodding agreeing with him. Until another man -with short hair & tough personality, Only caring for his own benefits, eyes burning with ambitious- Came in saying “Just bring in petty criminals, you can handle, Yang

“Here comes the b*****d, Choi

“Talk to me respectfully, I’m above of you in Ranks”

“Its just; Cuz of this last Operation.. I lost my chance in promotion” 😧

  �-��-��-�

   After getting himself wasted for 3 hours in some Bar, Yang walked hazily in a small back-alley, He walked near a big wall to pee. As he was finishing, He looked up to see A Big Oily painting, a mysterious Guy next to him is Painting it with colourful sprays on the large wall.


  Yang said in insobriety “Quite an artist, aren’t you?”

The Mysterious guy- With short hair, kind of long fish face with cold attitude- looked at him silently with no expression

Yang continued in his drunken state “But what you’re doing is illegal, you know that? Don’t let me catch you!”

The boy hid under his hood then sighed uninterested “And Public Urinating Isn’t?”

The boy Backed up his Spray paints in his Bag & walked away but Yang got pissed off shouting -swaying- “What the Heck, Punk? Stop right there, I don’t appreciate your damn tone...” Yang grabbed the boy’s hand stopping him


  The boy in his hood covering most of his face opened his eyes widely; His eyes glowed very bluer as the Boy muttered “A Cop?”

The Young Boy shrugged off Yang Violently, Yang smirked as He tried to take off his hood “Let me see your face” but The Boy was faster than the drunkard so he sprayed his face with the spray he was holding & threw the can at him. Yang fell on the ground rubbing his eyes screaming “My eyes”... as the boy ran away. Yang stood up to see the Painting the boy just painted in the whole wall in Blurry Vision...

 


   Yang Returned back to the Station Washing his face, Drying his hair muttering to himself “What a spectacular end for a fantastic day?!”

  The Chief came to him “Yang Take care of the woman there, her child is playing outside but she is making wasted fuss”

“What? But chief.. I want to leave”

“Chat with her a bit then send her home” The chief sent him unattached nor interested in what an old lady would complain

“But Chief...” Yang shouted as The Elder left Uncaring. Yang had no choice but to march to the Woman listening to her story

“Ma’am, When kids don’t come home when they are expected, 80% they are just playing somewhere else, Don’t worry__”

The pale faced mother grabbed his hand shakily staring at him in worry & begging

“My Baby will be okay, Right... Mr. Detective?”

Yang just nodded helpless

 

  Next morning the chief is sitting with his officers distributing the cases then He said “Ah, the Report of missing child yesterday we’ll rule it out.. the possibility of the crime_”

Yang interrupted “Might be Kidnapping”

 All the other officers looked to him surprised

   Choi objected “What? Kidnapping? In most kidnap cases, the kidnaper makes their demands within 10 hours. Cleary It isn’t this case here”

“Well In most cases, not all of them” Yang retorted back

“Don’t you know what point of the Kidnapping is? In 90% of cases... Its all about Money”

“Which means the other 10% isn’t about money”

“What are you basing your claim on?”

“I mean the girl wasn’t a toddler or Mentally-handicapped child. A perfectly healthy kid vanished on her way home back from school”

“Oh, So shall we set up a task force? with what budget? What manpower... don’t you know we all short on resources”

“I’m just saying a missing child is as important as Major crime scenes”

“And who said it isn’t? I am saying we need to prioritize”

“Put yourself in the shoes of the Mother. She lives alone with her daughter” Their argue grew more intensely but The Chief shut them both looking to Yang

“Hey, we got to get our priorities straight”

Choi sighed annoyed “Okay everyone that’s for Morning’s meeting”


  Yang ignored the orders & left on his own working his a*s hard on the missing child case asking people here & there distributing flyers...

                 


    A Month Passed, some Delinquents messing around late at night near An inhabitant Factory and as one of them getting high & walking backward, He tripped over some Box He stood up Angrily but___ “Aahhhh”  Screamed the youth as He just glimpsed a small Hand extended out of the Box.

 

  Next Morning..

     The Whole Area were surrounded by officers, People are crowding watching the Scene from distance.. 

 

   Yang Came from far shouting “Back off the crowd” ... He walked to the Covered corpse where Choi told him “You’re early this time..” He called a forensic police “Take some Pictures.. Her Hands seem ice-frost; her ankle too has tying marks”

Yang was Trembling in worry He tried to uncover the Body.. but Choi shouted “What are you doing? You can’t go in there”  

  Yang ignored them all & uncovered the Girl’s face to check on... He put his hand on mouth gasping

“It’s the Missing girl”

“We’d know after the Autopsy”

“I’m Positive, It’s the Missing Girl” shouted yang

  The forensic police said after Checking her vaguely: “The Cause of death will be confirmed after the Autopsy, But It appears that the Body has been kept frozen for a while Post-mortem. There is no apparent sign of sexual assault. It wasn’t about money or the act of pedophile”

   The Chief Brought outhis Smoke & asked

“The killer killed her for no reason!!”

Choi sighed “a psycho, Those who kill for No reason.. that is gonna be pain in a*s!”


   “... Yeon ha... YEON HA”  a woman came crying from far screaming in madness calling for her deceased daughter

 


   The night fell quickly, At the Police HQ, Into a large meeting room.

  The Chief is standing formally looking down in Shame.. An Older Man -In his Police Uniform with lots of shiny medals pinned on his chest- looking from the Front glass window at the people fighting with the Police guards & shouting “Who’s in charge of this?�"Bring back my child”


  The HQ Director looked to the Chief & said in anger “Killed then Dumped into a garbage box, only to be discovered  a month later.. That’s tomorrow morning’s Headlines and Its all because The police didn’t take the report of her missing seriously And failed to carry out a preliminary investigation... and we’ve got no clue about any suspects... so Tell me How can we Get our a*s out of this Mess ?”

“If you give us a little time...”

“Set up a task force team with your Top men, Drop the other cases, No one shall pat an eye till you find the Prep... beside who was in charge of this case?”

 

   An Hour later, At the Police station

 Yang to himself in irony “Suspension? Why should I get suspended!” 😠

The Other officers kept avoiding his eyes. He shouted “You all laughed it off when I said It was Kidnapping. Someone Explain to me why should I put Away?”

He walked To Choi “you said it wasn’t A Kidnap Case? Ha!?”

Choi -His superior- stood up Sighing annoyed “Are you gonna take a swing on me?”

 Yang gritted his teeth & looked straight in his eyes “Let me take this case... sir 😠



  Yang walked his way home passing by Some Stall in the street. He stopped watching the TV to hear the News.

[The girl who has been missing for 30 days was found dead earlier Today. Her body was discovered only 400 meter from her day care center.. The body state was frozen....]

   And as Yang Kept watching The Crime Scene from far on the TV... His eyes widened in astonishment. Watching the Crime Scene made him suddenly Remember The Scenery Painting, the Mysterious Guy painted “Its the Same Place, But Its Way before the Crime scene was discovered”



© 2018 A.Tarek


Author's Note

A.Tarek
Yang found what he was looking for.. a CLUE
he is going to track it down.. Is he on the right path or not?
Read to find out the tangled fate between Yang & the mysterious hooded man
Feel free to review

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Again, nice set-up for chapter. You have create interesting characters and a amazing story line. I liked the way you made the situation understandable and making the story come alive. Thank you for sharing the amazing chapter.
Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A.Tarek

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much, dear coyote
You always make my day
Hope you have a good time readin.. read more
Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

I did enjoy. A amazing story and you are welcome.



Reviews

Again, nice set-up for chapter. You have create interesting characters and a amazing story line. I liked the way you made the situation understandable and making the story come alive. Thank you for sharing the amazing chapter.
Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A.Tarek

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much, dear coyote
You always make my day
Hope you have a good time readin.. read more
Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

I did enjoy. A amazing story and you are welcome.
You write great fiction. How old are you btw ? I might be able to review much more better after knowing yoir age

Posted 6 Years Ago


A.Tarek

6 Years Ago

I'm 20 years old.. but sometimes I wish I were younger.
i am a bit of eccentric, so my friend.. read more
Raghib

6 Years Ago

Woah. I am younger than you.
A.Tarek

6 Years Ago

Younger and a poet, hmm!
I'm happy to have you as a friend
Keep it up 👍

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

188 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 10, 2018
Last Updated on March 10, 2018
Tags: crime, detectives, investigation, superpower, hurt&comfort, action, mystery


Author

A.Tarek
A.Tarek

Egypt



About
I pretty much write fictions from imagination. I can take a hint or a main concept from a movie, anime or even a novelette I read before. But, with my own style... I am bit eccentric.. my best frie.. more..

Writing
Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by A.Tarek