ALEC Defence.(Temporary title)

ALEC Defence.(Temporary title)

A Story by AWickedMoon
"

Its been 20 years since the last attack on earth, Sargent Clement is enjoying his new life with his wife back on earth, when disaster strikes.

"

Space Title

 

He walked along the beach jumping up in the winding smooth rocks, when he tripped on a large shell or some such falling forward into the lapping water. 

Martha only seeing from the back of him a fair distance away called out and started to run towards Edmund.  He flashed his hand back behind him signaling her to stop and she did just that. He touched the slimy flesh that was now covering his face and started to panic.  He ran blindly towards the sea trying to scream out stay back through the veil of mucus now covering his face. He tripped again into another pool. He tried to rip the creature off his face. But the more he tried the more his face started to sting. He suddenly realized he could no longer breathe, and what felt as a tube started running down his throat. He gaged trying for air, suddenly the most excruciating pain he had ever felt. Worse than when he had been captured and dragged to the HIG camp in Nunavut during the war of 2104. He had been tortured using higland head monitors, little pad that were inserted in to the head and then slowly pushed in.

It felt as if though someone had plunged their arm in to his stomach and had grabbed on to the first they felt and squeezed.

He started to feel faint. He felt himself fall back in the water and the creature let go and vanished over a rock.

What seemed like hours passed before four arms grabbed him out of the water, and pulled him to the air: 

"No". He sputtered. Choking as water and blood gushed from his mouth staining the sea and his blue shirt.

He ripped himself from the two GOEA men and started running farther in the ocean only to be pushed over by the tide.

They pulled him out once again. This time he could hear them speaking. "Sir is you alright? Your Maiden says it looked like you pretty well hit your head back there?" A tall man with red eyes asked.  He was almost handsome if not for the RED fever marks cast along his cheeks. It was then that he saw his own face in the reflection of the other mans glasses. He had purple welts covering his face. He knew then what it was what he thought. He had seen the beginning of it once before and they had merely kept them at bay since. But somehow they had found a way through ALEC defensive.

The planet was once again in danger from the Arkmaga. An it had laid its first attack in his stomach. He grabbed the RED fever man’s hand and wished silently that the code had not changed in. "Take me to Sigoral. The demons inside me."

The younger man just looked confused, but the senior officer gave him a grave look and turned on his PAT. A digital looking person appeared before them. It was a rather short person maybe 4'5".  When he turned around he recognized the man immediately. "I dare say this must be something important for you to contact me during an ALEC meeting." Captain George Stanley Carter said with a slight grin. Before looking towards me. He looked at me confused for a moment before exclaiming. "Clem! What on earth has happened?"

"Tell them to shoot." I said trying to stay in focus my vision had blurred and I grabbed my stomach as a spam racked my body.

"Sargent Clement what has gotten into you?" I heard him say as I fell to me knees in the sand. I could feel the tide licking at my legs as if it wanted to pull me back with it.


"All he said was... The demon" As the world around me shattered into darkness.

I drifted in and out of reality, only catching bits of the conversation.

"Bring him to.... ALEC will be infor-"

 

© 2014 AWickedMoon


Author's Note

AWickedMoon
What do you think of the dialogue? Does it catch your attention. I'm still working on a better title and description.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

it's a good start. i'd suggest reviewing punctuation and tag lines for dialog. such as this:
"All he said was...the demon," as the world around me shattered into darkness.
also, the beginning of the story is in the 3rd person, then jumps to 1st person at the end.

Posted 8 Years Ago


The dialogue is ok but i think the story needs more comma's for seperation reason

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

425 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 5, 2014
Last Updated on June 5, 2014
Tags: space, aliens

Author

AWickedMoon
AWickedMoon

Calgary, I am a fan of the egyptian gods, Canada



About
If you have time check out my Deviant account! http://jadepatterson.deviantart.com/ a> My name is Jade Patterson and I hail from Calgary, Canada. I enjoy dipping in to all genres and trying my h.. more..

Writing
Rant #1 Rant #1

A Story by AWickedMoon